Fabbing my own rear rack for 06-10 Wolverine for $64

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoxg

Reaction score
I think the 2 aftermarket options for rear racks suck so I made my own. Very Simple, Very Cheap and Very Effective.

I won an Ebay auction for front and rear Yamaha racks $55 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ110720661448QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

I bought a 36" x 1" x 3/16ths" piece of steel strap and OSH $6.99 I think and 4 bolts 10mm longer then stock also at OSH $2 I think

Mocked it and meausured it all up, Cut the long piece of strap into 4 pieces of strap (some still left over), drilled 4 holes, mocked it up again, tack welded it up then took it off and finished welding it all up.

I have a 91 Yamaha Moto4 250 and I love using the racks to do everything from carry people to pets. we use it to go to the showers when camping carrying the kids, clothes and back packs. to carry folding chairs and EZ-ups to and from the lake. Ice chests, fire wood etc.... I just didnt like always having to use the Moto4 for utility reasons when I would rather be using my Wolvy.

Problem solved.

I also pulled a 150-200lb log about 50' out of the woods to the road to cut up for fire wood using the rear rack as a tether point for the rope. the rack didnt shift a bit.

During mock up and measurement.

016-5.jpg

015-7.jpg

008-15.jpg

007-16.jpg

006-18.jpg

009-12.jpg

Now the rack after welding, grinding and paint ( all done very quick because I did it the night before we went camping)

022-2.jpg

017-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

020-4.jpg

Why Yamaha didnt make this a factory option is beyond me. In my opinon it looks factory, feels factory and works great.

Better for utility purposes then the GYTR option or the Quadboss option

All for $64

Last edited by a moderator:
1 thing that sucked was I got a bunch of burn marks on my rear fender from tacking it into place. I have a Lincoln weld pack 100HD and no welding blankets for protection. I used moving blankets but it melted through.

Also if you dont have a welder its no problem. Take your quad, rack and straps down to a muffler shop. lay down your protection on your fenders, mock up your rack on the straps and let the welder tack it into place really well. Then unbolt it from your bike and let him run some nice beads all the way around for you. I am sure it wont be more then $20 cash.

Nice I bet you could bent something to use the mounting holes there on the rack. If theres a will, theres a way.

im actually going to cut those tabs off because when im riding the fenders vibrate a bit and rub on the tabs.

Very nice! I am looking at doing the same thing,need a front and rear rack first.....

Nice, I built one exactly the same way but used an Artic Cat rack from the wreckers i got for $50 bucks and painted it in Rino Bed Liner so it never chips or scratches with the box and tie downs.
Stupid thing yamaha did not building a functional aftermaket rack for it.

Latest posts

Back