Dial-a-Jet...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentolio

Reaction score
Anyone try a Dial-a-jet on their bike? Does that thing work? Principle seems sound, but I am hesitant to experiment.

I run one on mine... and I say it works.

I bought it primarily for quick re-tunes while going through serious altitute changes in Colorado - and it's great for that. I also noticed that it seems to give a bit crisper throttle response and cleans up the stages between circuits in the carb.

I'm looking into adding a second unit and thus not having to re-jet at all for running between the lowlands and the highlands.

There are two methods of install - one is the hard way and one is the simple way.

The hard was is to install it through the bezel on the carb - which is how I did it. You have to drill a clearance hole through the carb boot clamp, then drill and tap a hole in the carb bezel. With the Warrior style carb, there was just enough room to accomplish this. I've no idea if it will fit onto the '96 and newer Wolverine carbs.

The easy was is to poke a hole in the airbox to carb boot then zip strap the dial-a-jet to the boot with the supplied strap. Don't get me wrong - this method is very trick as well and much easier to do.

The instructions tell you that the closer to the carb you go, the better it will perform, so I went all the way. If I had to do it again (and I might before long), I might opt to do the strap method and do it just prior to the carb bezel.

And as far as product support goes, Lon @ Thunder Products (the manufacturer) knows all there is to know about them - he invented it and gives excellent customer support.

Latest posts

Back