Dear Yamaha...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotaz

Reaction score
...please tell us in the manual to take the $*&@ skid plates off before we take the oil filter off. I just spent an extra hour screwing around with removing the oil-puddled skid plate and cleaning it up. I have to say, that really ticked me off having to spend an hour and a half on such a silly job. Oh well, now I know better. On my '06 F150 there is a plastic funnel-type thing that funnels the oil filter spill over through a hole in the skid plates. Yamaha could have easily made the skid plates to channel the filter spill towards the hole that the drain flows through. That's my only complaint so far. Sorry, I had to rant.

Rant on, brother! Those are the kind of snaffu's we like to hear and avoid.

Well, I feel pretty stupid really because it's pretty obvious looking at it that it's going to pool up, in retrospect. But I still think they should have put a little lip on the topside that would force the oil to the drain plug hole. It's such a minor quip compared to the pros that I should probably shut up and count my blessings, but man taking it off while filled with oil is not fun. Don't make the same mistake.

I'm going to see if I can't rig up some kind of funnel "thing", like a funnel cut in half, to hold under the filter area when it is unscrewed so that it drips somewhere else. I'll report back if I figure something out.

Sounds like a good idea, and would make a nice 'how-to' to post on here so others can do the same. :)

Latest posts

Back