Clutch info needed....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenw

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Wolverine 350 4x4 that needs a clutch. It will hardly pull itself up an incline. I have installed bigger tires than stock size (installed 25") and would like to put in a clutch kit that will fit this tire size. I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask you guys.
1-Who has the best price on clutch kits that accomodates bigger tires?
2-Is it easy to install the kits yourself? (I have mechanical skills)
3-What kind of kit do I need?
Any info that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen

EPI makes a nice clutch kit. Not sure if they have one for that model year. I was going to put the kit in my 450 auto 2007 but after talking to EPI directly they told me I wouldn't need it if I wasn't going bigger than 25" tires but again that was a 450 auto. Check with EPI and see what they tell you.

Allenw,
Just a fyi on this, epi no longer carries anything for our older Wolvys, only items for the newer auto crap. I'm going with 1 of the Barnett kits online at kb motorsports. Best prices I have found, I also run 25's , I'm going to let my shop guy do mine though, time saver for me. Good Luck man.

Allenw,
Just a fyi on this, epi no longer carries anything for our older Wolvys, only items for the newer auto crap. I'm going with 1 of the Barnett kits online at kb motorsports. Best prices I have found, I also run 25's , I'm going to let my shop guy do mine though, time saver for me. Good Luck man.
How did you like the Barnett kit? I find if my front tires are in a deep hole my clutch will just slip and not pull me out. Do you think the Barnett will help?

Have u tried adjusting your clutch to get u goin till u get your clutch kit, if not I cann give u the run thru on how to do it if u need

2000 350 wolvy have 2 clutch, primary or secondary, if you bike rev and not move , the primary ( centifugal) is in problem. if the bike move then when shif, start to slip, it secondary the secondary clutch ( disc).

I would be interested in that tip, iv adjusted my clutch to specs I found on here but with light 25s I can't pull the front over anything just holds one rpm and no move:(

Make sure its not a tear or hole in the slide diaphragm in your carb, I had a very similar problem n it ended up being the diaphragm, it had a big tear n a smaller hole. I would think that if it was the clutch slipping it would rev up rather than hold one rpm but I'm no expert. If it ends up bein your diaphragm I can give u a tip on fixing it till u can get a new one which the cheapest ones I found were $86 on ebay

Thanks for the idea I'm suspecting u may be right as now it's running like chit just going down road feels like a fuel issue constant throttles not to bad roll on the throttle an hesitation mixed with stumbling an popps. Is the slide diaphragm under the long cover on drivers side of carb?

No its under the plate on the very top side of the carb, you'll have 3 or 4 screws to take out n the top cap will come off n you'll see a rubber diaphragm, carefully pry up on the edges of the boot to loosen them out of the groove that its seated in n the whole diaphragm n slide will come out the top n u can hold that boot up to a light to inspect for holes, my was so torn I didn't need a light to see them lol

Thanks for the info, mine was actually on the right side I guess cause its a 95, diaphragm was fine but I had a plugged main jet, problem solved!!

Latest posts

Back