CFM airbox

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentolio

Reaction score
I tried a CFM airbox along with all my other mods, and I can say that it's a really high quality piece of equipment. It flows way better than stock, and allowed me to run stage two jetting without any sloppiness. It's got a lid that adds some protection from the elements without reducing flow (noticeably). The bad news: in my experience, it is no good for water crossing of ANY depth. My first time out with the box, the bike ran great until I tried to cross a few puddles. I was respectful and cautious, but still ended up with enough water in my carb to make the bike run poorly(high RPM stumble). If you don't run any water, this is one mod I'd reccomend. If you like crossing water, and on occasion do it faster than you should, this ain't the piece for you.

Obviously its not as good as stock, but ive done this, and my airbox was dry-

meinwaterpitp-shop.jpg

Wet-vac...

Hi, I e-mailed you before about this. Maybe it's just me...I didn't go through anything near as deep as that (and not fast at all), but by the end of the day I ran crappy on the top end, and had a buch of water in the box and carb bowl. I even tried stuffing the area around the box with foam, to limit splahing up from the rear tires, to no avail. I have since returned to the stock box and stage I jets. Still spunky, but not quite as good as with that CFM box...darn thing felt like a sport quad for a while....

Back