Can I run a 12" wide tire on a 7" wide rim

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

botlebruiser

Reaction score
I found a really good deal on 25x12x12 on an itp delta 12x7 rim? This would be on the rear of course.
Thanks

Yes you sure can, The stock wolvy rims are 7 inch 5+2 offset. There is lots of people on the forums that run 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear tires on there wolverines. Give you more ground clearance and i think a better look. If you get them post up some pictures :)

I ordered Mudlite XL's in a 25x8x12 for the front and 25x10x12 for the rear with black ITP Delta wheels. I will post up some pics after I get them mounted. The Wolverine is black too so I think it will look good. I road an '03 Polaris 500 HO with these tires in the middle of January right after all the snow melted here in Ohio and they were awsome in the mud. It was really muddy too. They hooked right up.

Nice where did you get them from ? Not too long ago i made a thread about that tire and wheel combo.

I ordered them off ebay. I bought my wolverine and it already had mudlites on it. They were all flat by the time I got home and went to unload it off my truck. I took them to my buddies shop and had him remount them and add new valve stems. Only one would hold air and the previous owner mush have ridden pretty far on one of the rears because the inside was shredded. It sucks too because they had like 90% tread left on them and that was one of the things that drew me to it. I ordered a new set of rears and the wheels so I dont end up with a couple of flats. I got some tire slime too. Any experience with that stuff? My fiances brother in law told me to get some.

Nice where did you get them from ? Not too long ago i made a thread about that tire and wheel combo.

I talked to a guy at my dealership. He told me I should have the rears mounted opposite to the fronts to get the wider offset in the rear? Thats how you get the wider stance and deep dish look in the rear? Ive been wondering that. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alll the guys I know swear by slime I used it on my stock tires and worked fantastic for sealing up any bead leaks, haven't had the time to put some in the new set up but I will.

Back