anyone ever tried to put a big bear 400cc engine in a wolvy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha273

Reaction score
my wolverine motor is shot and a thought why not ugrade? all the mounts are in the same spot, oil lines, driveshafts, electrical, uses same starter. has same bore just more of a stroke..

i have thaught about this also, my buddy has a big bear 400 but does not want to experiment with it!!!! i think it would be bad azzzz!!!! alot easier than swaping gears. no one has tried this????

I'm in the process of swaping now ...

Ive got the 2 engines side by side... they are twins!!!! I tape measured the distance from mount hole: same on both.. only differance is the big bear has a speedo pickup. (the wolvy has a block off !!) no big deal 8) The sensor in the rear of the engine is differant, but both are threaded. so I'll just swap it... I'll take some pics tomarrow!

Yes I added the pic just now!! I really would have saved some time by doing it the right way... the swing arm and rear shock should have removed.. I'm stupid and just pulled the motor out sideways and put than put the motor in the same way.. that was a pain to balance and get the rear shaft and u joint in place in the boot.... but I guess I got it!!!!

It's tough enough getting that driveshaft aligned with the swingarm off. I needed to bug my wife for another set of hands. I can only imagine trying to align everything while wrestling the engine. Nice work!

Is done, I'd thought there would have been more top end .. plenty of low end... 1 st gear is a "granny gear" I start in 2nd most of the time.. I hope to get a cam next.. I already rejetted to dj160. In 5th gear seems like the 350 pulled more. I could feel when it hit power band. Thinking that the 400 is a working atv so It's cam'd for lower end torqe vs doing 60 plus mph? If any one could confirm this that would be nice! B4 I drop money on a cam!!

Back