'96 blaster - 500$

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atv

Reaction score
well i got this kid talking to me about selling his 96 blaster... he says its bored .30 over and runs perfectly fine... do you think its worth it? i am lookin for sumtin for a project like a dirtbike but if this blaster is nice enough im thinkin about buying it...

My bud and I bored one .60 over and replaced the piston and rings/gasket kit for less than 130$ so they are very cheap to rebuild

**** I forgot dont forget to premix your gas and dont rely on the oil injection they are junk.

ah ****... you have to have mixed gas? ill have to ask him what it takes... and what would a 96 blaster run? mph wise..

you said you were looking for a 2 stroke dirtbike, you have to mix the gas in it too....

Blasters are oil injected unless they have a block off kit installed-just have to keep the oil level up in the resivore located under the seat-or the oil light will come on located on the bars-

My friend had a blaster and traded ut for a CRF100F. They're really fun project quads and there's a lot you can do to them too! All stock cept' for a pipe and tires and rims. It was pretty quick though. I'm not sure but I think they top out at about, hmmmmmmmmmmm......... I'd have to say 57 or something like that but that;s a rough estimate. Go for it though, they're fun.

They are very comparable to a warriors top speed. They come stock for stock with about a horsepower more than a warrior but there way lighter. My 1987 got beat in a stock for stock pavement drag with an off the showroom floor new 05 blaster. Id get it even if just to put around on or turn into a lowered flat track beast. remember it is super narrow so upgrades are a must for just about everything. Motors easy and cheap to upgrade though. Cost my bud about 135$ to bore it .60 over with new piston gaskets and an oil block off kit to boot. that was including machining.

They are very comparable to a warriors top speed. They come stock for stock with about a horsepower more than a warrior but there way lighter. My 1987 got beat in a stock for stock pavement drag with an off the showroom floor new 05 blaster. Id get it even if just to put around on or turn into a lowered flat track beast. remember it is super narrow so upgrades are a must for just about everything. Motors easy and cheap to upgrade though. Cost my bud about 135$ to bore it .60 over with new piston gaskets and an oil block off kit to boot. that was including machining.

A stock 1987 warrior would lose in a race with an off the showroom floor 2004 warrior too. 1987 would have alot of wear and tear inside that motor, even with regular maitence and etc.

If you buy it, the very first mod you HAVE to do is the oil injection block-off, trust me, it will be the best mod you will ever do to it.

150 psi compression(motor is super tight) but it had a hole in the exhaust (silencer)possible power loss Lets not forget Im 240lbs and the blaster rider was 180lbs that makes over 100+lbs weight difference between the quads so switch the riders and I bet its an even match up. The blaster only beat me by about 2 quads untill we topped out and then I started slowly reeling him in. (warrior is faster in 6th gear.)

Buy the oil block off kit. its like 15$ and mix your gas 32:1 unless otherwise told. Its not if the oil injection goes out its when!

Very sweet! From the beater to Unbeaten. Thats the way I like it.

Back