88 to 91 warrior electrical conversion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankenstein's-warrior

Reaction score
Hey all , I've been in and out of the forums the past few weeks with my long awaited warrior. Prior to this post, the ATV had a dirt bike cdi, 90s, stator and flywheel and unknown years for the rest. Now at this point, I've replaced the cdi, stator, starter solenoid, and key all with 91 warrior parts. I'm still not getting any spark through my orange wire. Does anybody know what the issue could be? The harness on the ATV is a 88 since I bought the harness before I intended to do a whole electrical conversion. Could that be an issue? Also the handlebar switch and rectifier/ regulator are the same as whatever year was on here prior. Handlebar switch is new so I'm pretty sure I bought a 88 year switch. Any opinions on what could be the issue or what I could do to fix the issue? All other features on ATV besides pull start work. Only other questionable issue is the killswitch. On my scrambler it kills all power. On my warrior, it doesn't change anything. Is it only to kill power to the motor? Could the killswitch not be making proper contact to allow spark if that's possible?

Anyone have ideas? I messed with it some more tonight. It seems I get a small burst of voltage on first crank. Roughly .9 volts to maybe 1.1. then it drops to .33 steady. Could this be a safety issue at this point and maybe I need to replace the relays? My Killswitch still doesn't work. I tried cutting the wires and leaving them undone and tied together and no change. I also have an issue where my solenoid now only clicks. It's brand new. Used to maybe 4-5 times today to test some things and now will only click. I obviously can jump the solenoid to fire the starter. Any help on no spark would be appreciated. Not sure what else could be causing these issues besides fhe handlebar switches or the relays at this point. Would voltage regulator cause a no spark or a low spark?

Latest posts

Back