400 BigBear motor swap?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blake22

Reaction score
My ol 350 is knocking on my 03. Going to either put a crank and rod in it soon or do a 400 big bear motor swap. Looking for more info. Ive read and talked to a few people and they say a 400 will bolt right in. What years will work? I need the whole motor right? my top end wont work because of the longer stroke correct? what about cranks? what crank will work in my 350 wolvy?

I dont have much info, but I doubt very much that the Big Bear 400 motor will 'bolt right up'.

from everything I read, people say the big bear 400 bolts right in except one of motor mount bolts needs the bracket moved or hole made bigger

Well Ill be damned, guess I was wrong! Sorry!

If that's the case, I would just use the entire BB motor.

I wish I could find a whole bb 400 motor! I found a used crank decently priced. im prolly just going to replace the crank for now and maybe an over sized high compression piston with the big bear gears. it has enough power now it just doesn't hardly want to take off till about 2000 rpm. I might try a clutch kit... I want to turn 27s:D

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple on eBay one in particular for $6something not bad the other ones are close to grand.

Latest posts

Back