27" 589's on a '08 Wolvy??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creed

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, So first off, Hello!! :hi: I am looking into buying a '80 Wolvy 450 for my son and I was planning on taking my 27" 589 tires off my Renegade and put them on his Wolvy in a few months when I get my new tires. I know the 589's are a bigger tire than most that are run on the Wolvy thats why I'm also going to do a little clutch work to it along with a 1.5" lift. I'm not to familiar with the Wolvy and wanted to know if this is a good idea or should i go with a smaller tire. We do mostly 30% trail / 70% mud riding and i know that the 589's ride good on hard ground. I was trying to save from buying new tires, also does anyone know if they make a 4/137 to 4/110 rim adaper??

I threw a set of 25" on mine with HMF/Clutch/and machined sheave. I could tell there was a loss of power, but the 25's gave a tome more ground clearance. I was happy with them, but I hope you get some feedback from someone that has gone that big.

I through a set of 25 inch exacutioners on my 06 450 and i felt a bit of power lose but i dont do a hundred k through the trails so im ok with it.
Good luck. Love to see pics

I bought the bike this past Friday and put it in my buddy's shop till Christmas. After the new year I will start to put the lift, wheel spacer / adapters, clutch kit and tires on it. I will be sure to post progress and pics as I finish it. Thanks for the feed back..

Latest posts

Back