01 warrior 350 starting problems PLEASE HELP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorryder26

Reaction score
Hi Im new to this site and figure what better place to ask this question than here. Anyways I bought a 2001 warrior 3 weeks ago and it was running sweet then just yesterday i took her out and gave her a good romping for about an hour and a half. Turned it off and when i went to start it again it wouldnt start with the electronic ignition and the nuetral light wasnt coming on. so i push started it and it ran fine but it seems like it is running hot. The next day the nuetral light was back on and the bike started. I cleaned the carb, it has a new battery and stator and also starter the only thing i havent changed is the ignition coil. I run 10 w40 oil not synthetic and i just bought a plug to try and make it run a little cooler.

2001 warrior
DG full exhaust
K&N air filter
Jet Kit
GV Rev Box

That could be the problem. Maybe something overheated/shorted in the (possibly cheap) aftermarket CDI and is screwing with the motor. Try your stock CDI.

If all else fails check your engine compression. My uncle had this problem on his 01 just a few weeks ago. He replaced the starter, had the dealer check his stator, could'nt figure out why it would'nt start. For a while it would start but just barely then he just started push starting it until that quit working. Come to find out his engine only had about 32lbs of compression when it should be around 110.

Back