Suggestions on new Grips?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VJR021

Reaction score
Need to get some new grips... Anyone have anything good/bad to say?

Found a great alternative to glue on grips yesterday. Picked up a set of Schwinn bicycle grips at Wally for around 8 bucks that work awesome. Smaller diameter so ya gotta strip the bars down to bare metal and use hairspray to slide them on. They fit super tight and are not gonna move at all. My warrior is 87 red and I was lucky enough to find these with red ends. No more glue on grips coming off!!!!!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scwinn-Ergo-Comfort-Grips/17247653

ODI Rogues, ODI Ruffians, OURY, Renthal, Scott Hurricane's, Protaper Tridensitys, Protaper Pillow tops, SpiderGrips are all Top of the line grips. I prefer ODI lock on's Ruffians or Rogues, I have small hands and they suit me perfect.

^^^^^
Yep this guy knows, I tell everyone you don't know what your missing until you ride with a pair of ODI Rogue's. Its no wonder why 80% of the Pro's run em.

I had a really bad time putting new grips on and one of them ripped a little. What's the best way to put on new grips? Some kinda lube or something?

I had a really bad time putting new grips on and one of them ripped a little. What's the best way to put on new grips? Some kinda lube or something?

Get a pair of ODI Rogues they slip right on then clamp them down and you are done, and you can take them off just as easy.

Beleive me you will never have any other grip on your quads! :tup:

Nukacola I always use alcohol or hair spray to install grips, they slide right on and when they dry they aint movin, Some use gas but I have learned that eats away some grips if you use it on certainones.

Back