• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Torq header pipes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymichigan

Reaction score
DB923BFF-D7C0-4C8F-93A2-33E38C28C46B-6629-000003E6AB684ADF_zpse6f0c255.jpg
[/IMG]I've got a couple headers built.
I've got one to sell outright for $55 plus shipping.
I'll also build them on an exchange basis for $30.

I am also up for trades.

Last edited:
So would I ship a stock header pipe to you and paypal you $30 and get a modified header in return? These are kinda like the FMF power bombs right?

Kind of the powerbomb has a small muffler type chamber. Mine is open nothing inside it, kind of like a 2 stroke expansion chamber.
The way it works, $30 plus return shipping which is around $10.

It has really help on the low end like just off of idle. The bikes seem to run a little smoother. There is another thread under motors with a little more talk about them.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26791

Since the pics you see here I have started fig welding the pipes. Just gives them a little better look.
I don't have a new pic. I don't even have a pipe to take a pic of. I sold the one off of my bike. Just haven't made another yet. Should start again tomorrow.

Last edited:
By looking at it from a fluid dynamics perspective i can see it helping with the response and pepiness but i see it hurting overall performance

although i do see i working best on single cylinder engines to help with the exhaust pressure spikes

Last edited:
By looking at it from a fluid dynamics perspective i can see it helping with the response and pepiness but i see it hurting overall performance

although i do see i working best on single cylinder engines to help with the exhaust pressure spikes

I'm sure FMF said the same thing when they were doing their R&D on the powerbomb headers. How do you see it hurting all around performance if it adds quicker responce and alittle pepiness (and it does I love mine). My top end still feels the same and my powerband feels a bit lower then with the stock header. So with that being said I dont see it or feel it hurting my overall performance on my bike.

Once again the fmf is different, it isnt a chamber but more like a glasspack or premuffler. Reason why i say it will hurt overall performance is initially the chamber will relieve pressure spikes allowing the motor to initially rev faster but other than that by increasing the oriface you loose velocity then it gets restricted again making a reverse pressure wave. Its a trade off either way put it on a dyno and youll see

Once again the fmf is different, it isnt a chamber but more like a glasspack or premuffler. Reason why i say it will hurt overall performance is initially the chamber will relieve pressure spikes allowing the motor to initially rev faster but other than that by increasing the oriface you loose velocity then it gets restricted again making a reverse pressure wave. Its a trade off either way put it on a dyno and youll see

well im not going to put my bike on a dyno. and the chamber is still a chamber on the powerbomb it still slows down the exhast gasses while they go through it. so i dont see how Sparky's pipe is any different? i guess i'm not picking up what your putting down man i just know i like the pipe and dont feel in anyway that my performance has been hurt by running it. so i guess thats all that matters.

Got two more going out tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure most of us don't ever plan on putting our bikes on dynos. We all use our seat of your pants dyno. It's the same as this spark plug makes my bike run better or whatever part you bolt on. We rely on each other for what is working on our bikes. I wish we all had dynos and hard proven fact but we don't.

I really don't care how many I sell, I make a good living and have other things I could do with my time. I found something that works for me do I shared it with others. And each requested feedback came back as positive.

I don't know anything about fluid dynamics and really don't care, I don't have fluid coming out of my exhaust yet? Who knows maybe next week I will???

If anyone wants one ill make it. If you want a flow test your on your own?

Beast the fmf is a chamber no packing or screw so its just like sparkys pipes just a smaller chamber then sparkys

Ohhh ok. Mine is that nasty rust orange looking color so I figured I'd ask lol

Back