Warrior head flow info

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
Anyone on here have any flow sheet data on their Warrior head? Played around on my co-workers Super Flow flow bench this evening and wondered if anyone would be willing to share their data with me. I flowed a bone stock head with stock diameter valves, then my head that I had done a clean up port on.

^^ I will after we flow it again with the port work done. I will also send a flow sheet with it when I ship it back. jasonp sent me a flow chart picture he had gotten off the Powroll site. They flowed at 20" and we flowed at 28" so I will have to see if I can convert the numbers for comparison. I should be able to at least compare and see if I can match the gains they showed. Without spending a lot of time, I will be happy with some gains. I don't have unlimited access to the flow bench so I will have to make the best of it.

^^ I will after we flow it again with the port work done. I will also send a flow sheet with it when I ship it back. jasonp sent me a flow chart picture he had gotten off the Powroll site. They flowed at 20" and we flowed at 28" so I will have to see if I can convert the numbers for comparison. I should be able to at least compare and see if I can match the gains they showed. Without spending a lot of time, I will be happy with some gains. I don't have unlimited access to the flow bench so I will have to make the best of it.

Hey dude did you get the file to work for you? It can be opened in paint.

Well we flowed again last night after port and with a 1mm over intake. Numbers didn't make sense so investigated some. I will say that we are both new to this flow bench and using it and ended up doing the baseline stuff wrong so all comparison numbers are bogus. I was very disappointed because now I will have to come up with another untouched head and flow again later to get a base line. I did do the final flow at 20" and I think the numbers on that are ok. Anyway I will have to get another head later and start over on the base line info so I have some valid numbers to compare to.

The base info from Jason worked for comparison after the final port and oversize valve. At 20" water the intake max flow was at .350 lift at 144 CFM. Dropped off to 140 CFM above that. The exhaust percentages varied but is around 75% of the intake across the board. I didn't gain as much on the exhaust side as they did, but the 75% or above number is where I am told you want that.

Seems that these heads start to level off around .300-.350 lift. The oversize valve helped at higher lift but not as much as I would have thought. It didn't seem to do much for flow at low lift, though. I am going to play with the porting on my head and experiment some more. What I am seeing so far, though, is that less is better when it comes to the port shaping.

Knife edging the intake guide didn't help as much as I thought it would. Doing a 70 degree below the seat after oversizing for the valve didn't help as significantly as I thought either.

When all is said and done, there were gains in flow, but not what I was dreaming it could be. Should wake the engine up, though, with the .413 cam. I see now why the .390 cam works so well and why these engines are the torque monsters that they are. I also see why the 400 EX seems to run better and 4 and 5 valve heads have more potential than these old 2 valve heads do.

Great info, id be interested to see what my fst head flows and how some of these companies are getting good flow out of the raptor 250s
I am sure these companies that specialize in this stuff will be able to get better numbers because they are able to mess with it more. The Warrior head seems to be fairly efficient as cast so a guy would probably have to get a little creative to gain big flow numbers.

I know when I talked to loren at duncan racing, they use port mapping software and the flow bench on a couple stock heads. They figure out where the best gains are made and lost. A lot of times they will take a old cyclinder head and cut the port in half to see how they can shape it and how much material can be taken out.

rage, cwr, fst, dasa, curtis sparks etc

I know when I talked to loren at duncan racing, they use port mapping software and the flow bench on a couple stock heads. They figure out where the best gains are made and lost. A lot of times they will take a old cyclinder head and cut the port in half to see how they can shape it and how much material can be taken out.

I talked to Web Cams today and they do machine work and flow testing as well.

Thankyou Gentlemen, I've contacted Greg @ CWR b/c I like him but I may also contact some of these other cats just to see how the customer service is. I would like to get the best quality port job that I can for my money. I've made a decent investment in some quality parts & I don't wanna cut that short with portwork when that's where a good portion of the power is.

The guy said he would have his machinist call me but I don't know if he will. A lot of these companies don't like to share sometimes. If he calls me I will see if I can get that info.

The Powroll image I got from jasonp has a graph for a stock head and their port work. They must have had stock valves because at higher lift your head flowed better numbers. I put a copy of that graph in the box with the head.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back