i got a front shock idea!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzy613

Reaction score
i recently broke one of my warrior shocks this winter so i bought a set of used banshee front shocks. i got used to'em but they like to roll trough the corners. i was thinking about putting like a 2 in spacer between the pre-load adjusting cam and the bottom to the spring. any body think it will work?

your gunna loose shock travel and the spring rate will still be the same through outs it full travel. Banshee fronts are "softer" as is, pre-compressing them will give you some advantages as far as your roll goes but thats about it. I suppose it worth a try if you think it will benefit you in your application and your riding style. changing your compression angle would help your roll and also allow you to keep your full travel.

I'm gonna try this and if it don't work ill make a spacer to put my warrior springs on the banshee shock or just by a new warrior shock

I don't know what the rates are between the 2 Yamaha springs.

But, generally speaking, increasing the spring preload will certainly make it stiffer. Beware of coil bind (@ full compression) when choosing spacer thickness. It's a band aid fix but might work for a budget job.

i finally got them almost done, my dad make up a spacer to make up the difference in the length now ihe just has to mill the top of the shock a little so it will fit in to the spring

Last edited:
I hope your not cutting the spring down, that would defeat the whole reason of the spacer. I would go to an autoparts store like O'Rielys and rent a spring compresser, they charge you but when you return it you get 100% money make.

Back