bulb question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends on the size of the bulb, i was able to get some random ones from a aouto parts store to fit in mine, just had to make my own connectors. but that seems liek alot to be pulling fomr the quad, 84 watts total. but i guess theres other people running two sets of lights with no problems. and they would be a bit brighter

well then id say yes, but agaoin youll have to do your own harness for them if the fit in the socket, if they dont you should be able to cut or sand/grind down the casing around where it would normally plug in to make it fit. and if your doing that dont touch the bullb

why dont you put hids in. H6m motorcycle hid kit is a very nice upgrade for the stock warrior headlights. i got 8000k in my 01 warrior and my wife has 10000k in her bear tracker. Its just plug and play with a little fab work to hid the ballast. prices vary on ebay 40 to 60 bucks. plus they last a lot longer than stock bulbs.

Last edited:
hid install

if you go the hid route, you will get the best light quality that you can get out of your stock lights. first thing you have to do is decide which color bulbs you want. 3000k is yellow, 6000k is a white with a little blue hue to it, 8000k is blue, 10000k is real blue with a little purple, 12000k is purple. next your going to want to order a set of H6m hid kit. the kit comes with 2 bulbs and 2 ballast. you can get just a low beam bulb(no high beam) or you can get a bi-xexon(high low beam)bulb. the bi-xexon(high low beam) is a bit more than just a low beam kit. also you might want to buy the kit with slim ballast. the slim ballast save space and are a lot better for woods riding. once you have the kit its time for install. first disconnect your battery. remove your stock head light housings by removing the 3 bolts that hold it in place. disconnect the 2 wire connectors coming out of the housing.with the lights out of the way remove your hood by removing the 4 bolts that hold it in to place. this is as far as you have to rip it down. remove the back of the headlight housing.once the back is removed take the old bulbs and wires that connect to the bulb out and store them away. you wont need the old bulbs or the old wires that were connected to the bulbs. next you have to find a location for the ballast. i put them on top of the fender cross brace(plastic cross brace under the hood once installed). i cleaned the area real good and used double sided 3m tape to stick the ballast in place. make sure to double check the hood will fit over the ballast. once the ballast are in place, reinstall the hood. next your going to install the bulbs in the housing. this can be tricky. due to removing the stock wires to the housing the bulb has nothing to hold it in the housing. i used the white plastic washer that comes with the hid bulbs. i trimed the plastic washer down to the size of the base of the hid bulb. you want the diameter of plastic washer to be a little bigger that the base of the hid bulb.(DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS PART OF THE HID BULB. IF YOU DO CLEAN WELL WITH RUBBING ALCOHAL) put the bulb in the housing and firmly press the plastic washer in on top of the bulb.once the washer is in and if done corectlly the bulb will be firmlly in place. to insure no water gets in i put a bead of silicone around the bulbs base. now put the housings back together. with the housings back together you will have the new wires that come out of the hid bulbs to hook up.each ballast has 2 wires coming out of them.connect the male to the female. if you buy just the low beam you will have only 2 wires to plug in for power. the black hid wire is ground, it goes to the black wire on the headlight wire harness connecter. the red hid wire goes to the green lowbeam wire on the headlight wire harness connecter. if you bought the high low beam bulbs you will have 1 more wire to connect. it would be a nother red wire and that goes to the yellow wire on the headlight wire harness connector for high beam. once all your connections are done wrap the connectors in electrical tape to keep water out.tuck all the wires down and install the headlight housings. if every thing is done as followed you will be enjoying a nice set of hids. i will put up pics later. we just got snow last night and its cold out right now. any questions on this install message me and i will get back to you. you will really like the hid kit on these stock housings. very very bright.:atv:ps hids only use 35w but produce 2 to 3 times the light out put. total install time is about 30 minutes with the right know how

Last edited:
Drool_1.gif

if you go the hid route, you will get the best light quality that you can get out of your stock lights. first thing you have to do is decide which color bulbs you want. 3000k is yellow, 6000k is a white with a little blue hue to it, 8000k is blue, 10000k is real blue with a little purple, 12000k is purple. next your going to want to order a set of H6m hid kit. the kit comes with 2 bulbs and 2 ballast. you can get just a low beam bulb(no high beam) or you can get a bi-xexon(high low beam)bulb. the bi-xexon(high low beam) is a bit more than just a low beam kit. also you might want to buy the kit with slim ballast. the slim ballast save space and are a lot better for woods riding. once you have the kit its time for install. first disconnect your battery. remove your stock head light housings by removing the 3 bolts that hold it in place. disconnect the 2 wire connectors coming out of the housing.with the lights out of the way remove your hood by removing the 4 bolts that hold it in to place. this is as far as you have to rip it down. remove the back of the headlight housing.once the back is removed take the old bulbs and wires that connect to the bulb out and store them away. you wont need the old bulbs or the old wires that were connected to the bulbs. next you have to find a location for the ballast. i put them on top of the fender cross brace(plastic cross brace under the hood once installed). i cleaned the area real good and used double sided 3m tape to stick the ballast in place. make sure to double check the hood will fit over the ballast. once the ballast are in place, reinstall the hood. next your going to install the bulbs in the housing. this can be tricky. due to removing the stock wires to the housing the bulb has nothing to hold it in the housing. i used the white plastic washer that comes with the hid bulbs. i trimed the plastic washer down to the size of the base of the hid bulb. you want the diameter of plastic washer to be a little bigger that the base of the hid bulb.(DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS PART OF THE HID BULB. IF YOU DO CLEAN WELL WITH RUBBING ALCOHAL) put the bulb in the housing and firmly press the plastic washer in on top of the bulb.once the washer is in and if done corectlly the bulb will be firmlly in place. to insure no water gets in i put a bead of silicone around the bulbs base. now put the housings back together. with the housings back together you will have the new wires that come out of the hid bulbs to hook up.each ballast has 2 wires coming out of them.connect the male to the female. if you buy just the low beam you will have only 2 wires to plug in for power. the black hid wire is ground, it goes to the black wire on the headlight wire harness connecter. the red hid wire goes to the green lowbeam wire on the headlight wire harness connecter. if you bought the high low beam bulbs you will have 1 more wire to connect. it would be a nother red wire and that goes to the yellow wire on the headlight wire harness connector for high beam. once all your connections are done wrap the connectors in electrical tape to keep water out.tuck all the wires down and install the headlight housings. if every thing is done as followed you will be enjoying a nice set of hids. i will put up pics later. we just got snow last night and its cold out right now. any questions on this install message me and i will get back to you. you will really like the hid kit on these stock housings. very very bright.:atv:ps hids only use 35w but produce 2 to 3 times the light out put. total install time is about 30 minutes with the right know how

good write up, very detailed and in plain english

Back