Just ordered brake light upgrade

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
So I just placed orders for my brake light upgrade. Cost was $35.00 with shipping. Hee is the parts I ordered http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0546046959&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...d=24&keyword=YUASA+BATTERY&prodFamilyId=25925

Hopefully it all works out well. The taillight/brakelight looks like I'll just have to seal it up, the bolts on the back look to be the same as the factory light so it should mount using the factory bracket. I'll post some pics after it gets here and is installed.

I looked at those, but then I'd have to fab a bracket and drill a hole in the brake pedal. the banjo switch cost about $11.00 more but you don't have to do and fab work. Just replace the banjo bolt in your master cylinder with the switch one and bleed the brake.

i used a bolt i had laying around the shop and the parking brake catch to mount mine..

DSCN2025.jpg

I just did this to two Warriors. The Banjo switch is very cool and works perfect. You can either run the positive wire for the brakelight to the original + wire or straight to the battery post. I ran one wire from the Banjo straight to the + battery post so the brakelight would function without having the headlights on. I'm sure you already know this but make sure to leave enough slack in your wires for swingarm motion. Dead was kind enough to post some pics of my setup but they went bye-bye when the hacker got us.

I'm going to mount it to the frame at the rear master cylinder so swing arm travel shouldn't be an issue ( I hope). When it's done I'll post some pics. To bad yours are gone I would have liked to of seen them.

Nice work El !! I'm an Idiot!! I put the Banjo switch on the rear caliper. Didn't even notice the banjo bolt on the master cylinder. Looks much better how you have it installed. I"ve got a little more work to do.

I'm still kinda confused on how you wire it. SO there is a constant light and it brightens up once you press the pedal?

I wanna do this.

i ran the light up lead to the battery. the ground to the ground and the other wire to the light switch so its lit up when the lights are on... it dosent take much to figure out which wire does what .. just need a 12 v battery pack and start touching wire combos!

the led i got has 3 wires 1 groung 1 tail light 1 brake light. i hooked up the ground and tail light to the factory wires. the banjo bolt has 2 wires, I hooked 1 to the brake light wire and one to the battery. The led is a 16 led light, 8 lights for tail light then all 16 for the brake.

Also, with the light I used I had to redo the mounting bolts, they weren't strong enough, the heads of the bolts were just molded in the plastic so I sfter I pulled them though (trying to tighted it on the 1st time) I had to take the light apart, drill were the bolts were, then used a washer and longer bolt. It was pretty easy but annoyed me when it happened.

Back