465 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so today I bought a 250r ftz big bore pipe wit power core 2 for $130. Also engine mounts abou 75% done. Will post pics when I can. I'm also looking at 40mm snowmibile carbs that can be picked up for less than $75, stock is 36mm mic.

I'm also looking to get black and yellow plactics and would trade my blue or sell them. I'm having hard time loading pics on here

I seen the pics on E2S, and I'll tell you right now that building mounts off the factory mounts won't work...
I tried that twice before I gave up, and just welded my own mounts in the frame. Also if you don't use the rear mount off the swingarm, the head won't clear the factory fuel tank. (Which means modifying the swinger)
You'll also have clearance issues with your head pipe. Which can make mounting the expansion chamber a real bitch...
I can also tell you that a 465/490 pipe off a bike will "not" fit the warrior frame without serious modification.. The TRX250r pipes are a great fit, and the expansion chamber designs are really close to the same.
Just my $.02, but I have been there before. It took me a long time to get that damn 490 in my quad! lol

Last edited:
Well I'm already here so ill finish what I got goin for now and try the mounts, cuz at moment ihave no tank clearance issues and pretty solid. And to say I wasn't warned with you experience I will build bolt in cross braces and a mid mount support. I will also fill all crossbraces with silicone. Never doubt experience.

Agreed on the pipe I can tell just by looking it will really suck to mount. Pipe should be here soon so I wait and see.

Don't get me wrong dude, I'm not trying to bust your balls...
I'm just saying that I tried it, and the mounts just broke.. The kicker issue is another one that gave me grief.. I have a thread on E2S, and one on here. I started out doing this swap in the dark, I wish I had the info to begin with. It could have saved me a ton of wasted work.
Check them out if you want, there is some good info there.
http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/47311-Yamaha-490-Warrior
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25034

cant get pics to post so please visit the link for pic updates.........
http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/51322-YZ465-Yamaha-Warrior/page2

tonight i finished building my mounts and are completely done except finish welds. In no disrespect to Mathius i have decided to continue as planned for several reasons. At the moment there is no tank clearance issues except petcock lightly touching head fin. Also i do not want to cut the factory swingarm because i dont believe it is rigid enough to last if i do (twisting and other failures). the mounts are heavy and have bushings machined to fit between factory mounts for correct torquing. I would not be afraid to wrap chain around engine and pull sideways with another quad.

I also precut up some exhaust pieces to give me an idea what im dealing with. i beleive i will put quite a few hrs into exhaust, but in the end the big bore ftz trx250r exahust should out perform smallbore 250r exhaust. the pipe is just much closer in required specs.

i also moved airbox back, maybe too far but oh well. At some point im going to redesign or make newpegs that sit lower in a more comfortable position that allow the rider to hug the machine more like a bike so i can hang on. also would be needing softer shocks so i can get some preload, the machines to damn light now. would like different plastic than the blue i have up............. trades??????

Mathius has a 2smoker quad......although we've never seen it run and move yet....... But anyways, he knows his chit.

What failed on OEM mounts mathius. Could I get pics of original

ive read thru the 490's and the 465. the 465 looks like it was never finished. the yz250 wont load. I got the FTZ pipe today amd its a big mother.

Last edited:
What failed on OEM mounts mathius. Could I get pics of original

I had pics of the first setup I tried on my old phone, but it's long gone.
They were pretty close to what you have now....

The factory mounts to the frame held up, but the vibes to the secondary mounts just blew them apart!! Having it mounted to the factory mounts seemed to amplify the vibes.. You can't use rubber on these motors either. It makes things worse...
Thought the 465 doesn't have such harsh vibration compared to the 490. But mounting the motor directly to the frame is a better bet. The frame will actually soak up some vibration..

Then like I said, you have to worry about the kicker!! That little bastard damn near killed me, and took the longest to fab up out of the whole build.

I have an extra clutch cover that's in way better shape than the one you have.... I will give it up for a trade..
I would really like some raptor 350 foot pegs. :)

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/mccarthy_21/library/?sort=2&page=1

Pics added.....

exhaust is fully mounted, motor brackets only need finish weld upon tear down, custom intake done. Waiting on yz250 kick lever and shaft for extension/conversion, front 12t sprocket, universal vm40 throttle cable, air filter and rear axle bearings. Thing I need or would trade for are airbox lid, and seat. I only have 660 pegs mathius and I think my covers good for now.

I started making custom pegs....... they will be welded higher than whats pictured now, to allow for braces below.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29796

Last edited:
Back