YFM 350 Warrior - REBUILD

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imShax

Reaction score
Hello

I have a 1999 warrior ready for rebuild. A year or so ago it started making a nasty sound, so I decided to open it up to see whats up. When I checked the gears in the transmission I noticed that a pair of bearings was gone, nothing left of them. I cant understand how it still ran when I took it a part but I guess it called Yamaha quality :tup:

Since I had to save up for the parts and stuff I decided to repaint it.
I'm thinking Black matt plastic and lime green or fluorescent orange frame.

I see that a lot of you have some nice upgrades quads, so I guess this is the best place to ask for advice.

Btw, It's a 1999 model, with a pair of upgrades, Xenon headlights and DG performance front bumper.

Upgrades I'm thinking to do with the quad:
@Cylinder&Piston@
-357cc - This kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390619258702?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

@Clutch@
- Tusk Clutch Kit With Heavy Duty Springs
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/210/895/1494/3012/Tusk-Clutch-Kit-With-Heavy-Duty-Springs
OR
EBC complete clutch kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-Complete-Clutch-Kit-Yamaha-YFM350-Warrior-87-04-/330617492244
Or
any suggestions?

-
@Valves,cams&Springs@
-Kibblewhite BlaCk DiamonD Valves
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kibblewhite...759&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=290930548911&

-Hot Cams Camshaft - Stage 1
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/210/914/1494/9467/Hot-Cams-Camshaft-(Stage-1)

@Fuel management@
-Any Jet kit you guys suggest? With a aluminium airbox and the air filter I've chosen, do you guys have any recommendations?
@Oil@
-Perhaps a highflow? with and K&N High performance Gold oil filter.

@Air@
-UM Racing Aluminum Air Box (I found one that was made for the warrior but It disappeared from ebay. So I'm wondering if anyone here can link one to me, of any of you know of one)

-Pro Design Pro Flow K&N Air Filter Kit (I couldn't find any that is confirmed to fit the Warrior. I wonder if someone here know of any this type of kit on ebay, please let me know) The part number for the "Pro Design Pro Flow K&N Air Filter Kit" is for the warrior : PRD-56-5409. I found similiar kits but not specific for the warrior. I wonder whats difference.

@Skid&Guards@
-Tusk foot peg nerf bars with heel guards (Have any of you guys modified these to fit the warrior, if so, is it easily possible with welding new clamps)
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/161/737/-/16169/Tusk-Foot-Peg-Nerf-Bars-With-Heel-Guards

@Steering@
-Banshee rear? What is better?
-Custom A-Arms
Perhaps going to customize them myself then buy a couple of tie rods.
And later on buy customized A-Arms with removable balljoints.

-Tusk Adjustable Racing Axle
OR
-G Force Adjustable Rear Axle
@Brakes@
-Front & Rear Brake Stainless Steel brakelines.
@Other@
-YFZ250 Shifter
-Tusk Billet Aluminum Gas Cap

I don't know if this setup with the bore&piston fits or/and is efficient with the
valves, cams works together so am more than happy if you guys can come with some suggestions on how I should build my motor so it is compatible and efficient with the 84.00mm 10.25:1 bore.

Any other suggestions on upgrades? Or if you have any other suggestions than on what I've chosen I'm glad to take opinions from experienced people :)

Let me know if any of you wants to see pictures taken till now of the rebuild and as I proceed if building the quad, I would be more than happy to share them.

Last edited:
For one, we always want more pictures! The other guys will come along soon enough to give u suggestions.

As far as upgrades you have it pretty good but there better First the cam since you doing valve springs Id go with a .390 web cam ay better than hotcams, as to the piston go with wiesco or JE the only down fall is JE only does standard bore and 85.. Id go to JE 85mm.. And Jets buy them seperate from dealer a lot cheaper go up 3 sizes and buy them for the main and pilot jet get the 2 next bigger sizes..as for the air box use a raptor 350 its what I bought for mine.. A arms theres quite a few to choose from I wet with FullFlights And there priced great! Well theres a few things You need any help just ask we have a great group of guys here and we know it all lol!!:tup:

Also, move this over to the build logs section. If you don't plan to port the head, the Web 390 or mega 415 are the two cams you will want to choose from. I've always been curious to see what a stage two hotcam will do.

Also, move this over to the build logs section. If you don't plan to port the head, the Web 390 or mega 415 are the two cams you will want to choose from. I've always been curious to see what a stage two hotcam will do.

Stage 2 isn't much being you can just drop in. 390 web is the way to go.

Stage 2 has more duration with a hair more lift then the 390. Idk what the lobe centers are, though.

Engine&Performance Specs as of now:

Cylinder&Piston: Wiseco Piston Kit 1.00 Over 84.00mm 10.25:1

Camshafts: .390 Webcamshafts
(Can anyone link these to a ebay page or somewhere I can have them sent out of the Us to Norway)

Valves&Springs:
Should I do other springs that what comes with the .390 ? Can I use Kibblewhite Black Diamond valves without boring the head? Should I change the valves or is the standard size good enough for the setup that I've chosen?

Clutch:Tusk Clutch Kit With Heavy Duty Springs
I dont know if the EBC clutch is worth the extra money :/ Please let me know.

Air:pro Design Pro Flow K&N Filter Intake Kit
UM Performance Aluminium Airbox

Oil: K&N KN-142 Oil Filter
Any other thats better that you guys suggest? I've been looking for a whole Hiflo container with a hiflo filter but I can only find Hiflo filters. If thats good enough, please link me to a good hiflo oilfilter.

Please let me know if I should do anything different.

Last edited:
Back