Won't stay running

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sansote

Reaction score
Ok I can not get my warrior to stay running. It will fire right up but when I give it any gas it will stay out I have cleaned the carb put a new intake boot on have a new spark plug in a new stator a new cdi box Plz help!!!!

The head is ported stage 1 hot cam with new valves. The carb is stock

Just from reading things here and other places you probably need to go up in your jet size in the carb, and not run the stock jets. It has to be done if you mod for performance.

Someone back this up?

It is most likely your accelerator pump. Without that working correctly, it does not push out enough fuel and will bog/stall your quad because it is getting too much air compared to the amount of fuel. Make sure your accelerator pump rod is moving freely. Also, you should do the valve stem cap and pen spring mod.

Also nukacola, if he does not have an aftermarket pipe or air filter setup, he probably doesn't need to rejet.

I have tired a different carb on it one that I know is good and still have the same issue

The head is ported stage 1 hot cam with new valves. The carb is stock

Any other mods? Air filter, exhaust, bored? If you don't have any of those with your other mods, kinda defeats the purpose of your other mods.

Any other mods? Air filter, exhaust, bored? If you don't have any of those with your other mods, kinda defeats the purpose of your other mods.
Not true one bit
Also nukacola, if he does not have an aftermarket pipe or air filter setup, he probably doesn't need to rejet.
It is most likely your accelerator pump. Without that working correctly, it does not push out enough fuel and will bog/stall your quad because it is getting too much air compared to the amount of fuel. Make sure your accelerator pump rod is moving freely. Also, you should do the valve stem cap and pen spring mod.
Lbswut, you know nothing about jetting

Now for my response. You need a bigger size pilot and 145-155 main jets

Ok chief. I forgot you're all knowing around here. Also, based on his description the pilot circuit seems to be fine. Generally on these when it bogs immediately the accelerator pump is frozen. Hence my response. Also I said he probably doesn't need to rejet. He should check the accelerator pump first like I said. If that does not work he should obviously go up on the jetting.

Last edited:
Double check parking brake switch disconnected. Or connected. Someone help me out here. One of them makes it not take any throttle, I think?

Not true one bit

Lbswut, you know nothing about jetting

Now for my response. You need a bigger size pilot and 145-155 main jets

Really? How many main jets do these things have since I don't seem to know anything about them either.

Ok chief. I forgot you're all knowing around here. Also, based on his description the pilot circuit seems to be fine. Generally on these when it bogs immediately the accelerator pump is frozen. Hence my response. Also I said he probably doesn't need to rejet. He should check the accelerator pump first like I said. If that does not work he should obviously go up on the jetting.

Dude you cannot say he probley doesn't need to rejet. He has done MAJOR mods for airflow. Haha I sound Like a knowitall here and an ass but I don't really give a **** cause your giving out false information
Oh and BTW I didn't mean to multiquote your thing about the accelerator pump... Must've clicked on it by accident lol

Last edited:
Really? How many main jets do these things have since I don't seem to know anything about them either.

Haha I'm talking jet size, and yes he will gain performance even running the stock exhaust and air filter. He just won't be running the mods to full potential.

Ok I know I will have to do some more mods to it but that don't help out my problem that I have right now. Again the quad will start up and stall right out before I can even hit the throtal Please help me with my problem

Expand on tht please? Like you start it and it fires but then stops on its own? Or you touch the throttle and it dies?

It fires right up then dies out before I can even touch the gas. I have put a totally different carb on and the same problem

How long does it run for exactly?
Test your stator and coils, and check and make sure your grounds are good.

Back