White Bros. Carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny that you all are talking about this. I just sold my 38mm flatslide on ebay for 95.00. It came with my 430cc motor when I bought it. But it had a flat spot and I didn't mess with the jetting. I was told by someone at a local shop that I shouldn't run that carb. So, I bought a 40mm edlebrock for a YFZ450 on Ebay real cheap and I'm going to try it out. I just bought a 41mm Fcr for my yfz so I will have a 39mm fcr to try out if the edle doesn't workout so well.

[quote:h5njxspo]I've been thinking lately about trying the Mikuni Flatslide and ditching the Edel.

The thing I don't like about them is the fact that you have to use a twist throttle. I'm thinking about converting mine back to thumb and using a custom made cable of some sort.
[/quote:h5njxspo]

Carb parts warehouse stocks the cable to run a thumb throttle with your carb jason. That is who I ordered my cable from to run a thumb throttle with my Sudco Flat slide- which is the same carb that you are running.

I love mine too... I still have to get the jetting just right- my main is a little rich still. I think I need to go down one more size to get it right.

[quote:9vl6e76c]

The thing I don't like about them is the fact that you have to use a twist throttle. I'm thinking about converting mine back to thumb and using a custom made cable of some sort.

Carb parts warehouse stocks the cable to run a thumb throttle with your carb jason. That is who I ordered my cable from to run a thumb throttle with my Sudco Flat slide- which is the same carb that you are running.

I love mine too... I still have to get the jetting just right- my main is a little rich still. I think I need to go down one more size to get it right. [/quote:9vl6e76c]

Thank you so much man!! You don't even know how happy you made me. THANK YOU!!!!!!! :)
are they on the internet?

hey warriortamer does your carb have two cables going into one that what we would need for our white bros carbs at least is what i would need. i did hook it up to my thumb throttle with just one cable but was way to hard to push to be able to use that way. let me know i would love to get back to a thumb throttle .................even tho i have not really given the twist much of a chance yet.

I been riding around with twist throttle for a 1 year or so and I hate it.. IMO. Your carb should have adjustable spring tension on the throttle plate. You can set it for a lighter pull but be careful as the throttle may stick open.. The two cables are for push and pull just in case the throttle plate sticks.

My carb has only 1 cable going to it. It goes from the carb linkage straight to the thumb throttle.

Here is the website for carb parts warehouse

www.carbparts.com

Just tell them you need a thumb throttle cable for a Warrior with a TM36 carb. I believe I paid $40 for the cable. Motion Pro wanted $45 to do the same cable. CPW has motion pro make them but they usually purchase several in bulk so they get them cheaper.

Back