White Bros. Carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wheelin

Reaction score
is anyone running a White Bros. carb on there Warror. I have one on its way and wondering how much of an improvement it will be and how hard they are to tune. any help would be great thanks.

A white brothers carb is just a mikuni flat side carb and they have an optional one with a accelerator pump for a bit more. It's a good carb but needs an experienced hand to tune it. Jason will tell ya, he spent probably half a year tuning his.

There are two white brother kit carbs. One is the round slide 36mm and the other more prefered is the flat slide with accel pump which is also 36mm. Kehin also makes a 38mm kit for an all out race and top-end which is round slide but is IMO actually has better jetting features then the mikuni or white brothers round slide carb.
The Flat slide design has better metering at the jet blocks and can be fine tuned more for better HP. There is more vaccum at these jets then other carbs so it makes this carb sensitive and can be somewhat a pain but if you are going for all out HP then its the way to go.
It doesn't take long to actually change a jet or tune the carb, and most of the time carb can stay on the bike.. what takes so much time is understanding what the engine is doing and sounds like at the throttle location and RPM of the engine to make the right jetting change.
After I understood that then it was very easy for me to get what I was after.
When first putting the carb on I had it dialed in with in a week of having it. Then I started to do mods and that made things tricky also I broke the fuel screw needle off inside the carb. That make it a jetting nightmare and couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong. .
It bet what it takes you to learn how to dial in a edel would be the same for one of these kits if you can understand that you have 3 basic circuits in compared to just the needle on the edel.

The carb for me added a quicker response and a little more mid and top end power. You feel like your connected with the engine more if that makes any sense. You are going to give a little on the bottom end when comparing to a CV style carb but if you know how to work the throttle then you'll be ok.

thanks for all the input, I will let ya know how it goes when i get it and get it put on. what really suckz is i am not even sure what i am getting so I have to wait and see, I hoping for the one with the accel pump. again thanks

No that carb does not have the accel pump... it is very similar to the White brothers carb kit without the accel pump. Similar to the Mikuni Round slide model.

I got my Carb it is 36mm flat slide with accel pump and i really like it. dam near tuned outa the box, I did have to change in main jet up to a 132.5 but was easy to change out.

I've been thinking lately about trying the Mikuni Flatslide and ditching the Edel.

You could try it.. I see them go on ebay for pretty cheap. The thing I don't like about them is the fact that you have to use a twist throttle. I'm thinking about converting mine back to thumb and using a custom made cable of some sort.
I love the carb. Very simple to get at the jets to tune. Very fine adjustments to get the engine dialed right in for maxium power.
I think I would get a FCR carb or something like that dave, off of a 450 bike. Like in the 40mm range... That would help wake the mid and top end a lot. That carb (edel) is really small (IMO) for your engine.

I got my Carb it is 36mm flat slide with accel pump and i really like it. dam near tuned outa the box, I did have to change in main jet up to a 132.5 but was easy to change out.

I think I had to go down in the 120's to get my engine to rev all the way to the top. It was really close out of the box and the needle jet is right on with the main.

I just use a clamp on air filter. It would work for the stock air box setup though and would fit right on the intake tube.
I also ditched the white brothers intake manifold setup and went with duncan racing manifold that they use for there Kehin carb kits. It adapts to the stock manifold.
In the future I am going to order the raptor 350 intake manifold for this carb as it will get rid of the two piece manifold I have now and work much nicer. Also it can be used for most all aftermarket carbs you stick on the bike.

I've been thinking lately about trying the Mikuni Flatslide and ditching the Edel.

Something like this would be awesome dave. The Mikuni I have is an awesome carb but honestly I wish I would have gone with something like this and I think its a set up from what I have and a in my opinion a huge jump for you as the size of your carb is way small for that engine. A little to big for something under 400cc though. I bet this is why you have so much low end torque as well, which is not a bad thing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-YFZ450-YFZ-450-Carb-Carburetor-450R-FCR-400ex_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43983QQihZ024QQitemZ370030204579QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I was thinking the FCR myself, but thought it would be a bit big. But I guess all the 450 machines use them so why not.

I was thinking the FCR myself, but thought it would be a bit big. But I guess all the 450 machines use them so why not.

Yeah, it might be a hair on the large side because you don't run near the RPM the 450's run but still I think you would be just fine.

the local performance shop around here mentioned the FCR being a good choice for a strong 366 build but i do not believe it was that big....

the local performance shop around here mentioned the FCR being a good choice for a strong 366 build but i do not believe it was that big....

They have smaller versions of the FCR, the 37mm one would be great for 366cc.
The Mikuni Radial Flat slides and FCR's are very close to each other on performance.

ya he mentioned it would be a great carb to get awesome power and response from the 366, i believe it was the 37 mm version

Back