What's the best oil??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for rotela
but really as long as its clean and ok for wet clutches that will do. With these you wont see power gains or parts life gain from oil to oil.

Rotella is about $12.00 a gallon depending on where your buying it. Walmart seems to have the best price and there is just about one in every town anymore!!
I tried the Rotella T like you said and the clutch would slip like crazy when the engine warmed up now since I been running the Valvoline 20-50 4T atv oil no more clutch slip so I dunno maybe just a fluke

i have always run yamalube and have had good luck., however due to availibility i have started to run castrol motorcycle oil, you can find it in walmart, and it seems to work great(two trail trips on this change). I think its all good tho!

Problem with any oil is the cost. The damn Yamalube is around $6 a quart. The honda GN4 is a buck maybe 1.50 cheaper. Thinking about just running that in the warrior after I use the 3 quarts of yamalube i have under my work bench. Especially since I order the Honda oil by the case. Right now I have conventinal 10w40 motor oil in it just until I finish breaking in the new top end, in about 7ish hours. Matter of fact, if anyone reccomends a good conventinal atv oil for the breakin I'd be willing to listen. I will just do a drain and refill before my breakin period is up. If memory serves the yamalube is synthetic based.

Last edited:
Back