What's the best oil??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as long as it's made for ATV's or 4 strokes and wet clutches it's fine. do not use automotive oil!!! you will fry your clutch

Thanks!! Saw the Royal Purple for four-strokes Fully syn. and about $15 quart. Just wanted to get some feed back before i purchase.

I always run Amsoil in the quad and harley. If not amsoil then mobil one.

I was never a fan of royal purple. Its too expensive and harder to find (at least for me).

Like stated just keep it changed and find one thats made for wet clutches.

Thanks guys. The royal purple is carried at the advance auto about a mile from my house, the nearest amsoil dealer (according to the web site) is over two hours away. Keep it clean, water free and no auto oil, gotcha, thanks again.

I'm not sure if this is answered elsewhere, but.......

What does an auto oil have in it, that Rotella T or Delo doesn't. They both have an API rating, but they are different.

I read elsewhere that somebody didn't like the oils with the "Energy Saver" seal on the back.

Why? What do they have in them that is bad?

Thanks for the info.......

-Rhyno

Regular auto oils have additives in them that cause wet clutches to slip. Rotella and delo have the proper rating to be used with wet clutches, though I dont remember what the thing to look for on the back of the jug. Some one can answer that one.

What I do find interesting here is you guys that are running the expensive oils. For what you are spending on oil for 1 change I can do about 2 for the same cost. And considering what some of the places I ride, I like to change the oil a little more often. Especially after I go riding up north where all the trails are sand, which seems to find its way into things no matter how tight you think you got things buttoned up!

Last edited:
Yea rethinking the Royal Purple . Did a little digging and research. caster and valvaline, rotella are decent oils and about half the price.

I had done some research in the past and theres alot of pro racers that dont have the big oil guys for sponsors running rotella since they change the oil after every race or 2. Actually one of those special clutch setups for some of the big bore bikes actually call to run rotella(dont ask me the name of the clutch setup, its slipping my mind tonight!! Lots of pain killers right now from the dentist!!!)

yea, wally-world is where I was checking in the morn. I'll just buy the screen (reusable) filter with the extra money. thanks again!!

Back