What the?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carb cleaning time.
Search on here fro the proper jet sizes and needle and srew positions. That way when you put it back together you know they are all correct.

Aye aye aye, I gotta feeling ill end up messing it up lol. Ill have my stepdad help me out, he has had more motorcycles and fourwheelers in his life than a motorcycle dealership. Im only 18 and this is the first powersport machine Ive had since Ive gotten older. I had alot when I was younger, but my stepdad did all the work then. On our polaris 350, he has done all the work and taught me a little here and there, but since I've gotten the warrior, Ive been doing most of the work and Ive learned alot, but Ill play it safe when it comes to jets and needles and such, and have him lend a hand.Dont wanna mess the carb up...

Any updates?
Figure out the problem?

Tried to clean the carb today, only to find that the previous owner stripped out every single screw on the bowl...Couldnt get a single one to budge, I sprayed some penetrating lube on em, but it didnt matter, I couldnt get the screwdriver to grab, theres nothing left, the previous owner was a dumbass it seems...if you strip a screw taking it out, put another one in that isnt stripped... I guess Ill have to tinker with it tomorrow some more and see what I can do. I might have to drill them out and get a removal kit.Or take my dremel and see if I can cut a decent groove in the head where I can take them out with a flat head screwdriver.

Sometimes you can tap on them with a hammer to flatten the stripped head out. Then try a good screwdriver.
Also I have used visegrips to remove them.

Yes they do. Turning the carb upside down, and tapping the screw driver deeper into the screws while turning it can sometimes break them loose.

Back