What the?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supplementing

Reaction score
Alright so here is my new problem, just when I thought I had everything squared away. Yesterday I started my warrior up and rode it around a little, it ran great, idled great and everything. Today, I crank it up and I notice it wanting to die, I revved it for a few min and let it warm up real good, and as soon as I let out of the throttle it died. So I checked my gas and realized I was out, I filled the tank up and figured that would solve the problem. Then I started the engine revved it for about 30 sec (it was still warm from before) and as soon as I let out of the throttle, it died again. Any ideas of whats up? Do I need to hold the throttle in and let it get some gas in the carb before cranking it because I let it run dry or what? I figured that it would get enough gas in the carb when I crunk it after filling it up, I let it run for 30 sec, but it just died. I didnt change anything from yesterday, the idle screw and everything is still the same. The only other thing I can think of is that a little water might have gotten in the carb through the breather hose when I washed it.When I say little, I mean, very little, nothing that should have hurt it.

Last edited:
Also, I have noticed since I got it, when I try to give it full throttle it just bogs, its good up to about 1/2-3/4 throttle then it is just done revving and bogs hard. I think it may be a clogged jet, any insight on this would be nice also.

Yeah clogged jet is posibble and also try adjusting the idle screw and your main jet may be too big for the mods

Yeah clogged jet is posibble and also try adjusting the idle screw and your main jet may be too big for the mods

Ok, so why do you think it wont stay idleing? I messed with the screw and to no prevail as soon as I let out of the throttle she died no matter how far in or out I turned the screw. Since I ran it dry, do you think I need to hold the throttle in for a bit and let it get some gas in the bowl or what? It can be anything major, it ran and idled great yesterday, just today after I ran it dry riding through the neighborhood it wont idle. I only let it run 30 sec or so after filling it up, maybe I need to let it run longer.

the pilot jet could have debris in it causeing it to not idle right so pull the carb and clean it out real good and do the pen spring mod while your there and the valve stem cap mod

the pilot jet could have debris in it causeing it to not idle right so pull the carb and clean it out real good and do the pen spring mod while your there and the valve stem cap mod

Dive into that carb and give it a good douche, as i've said b 4 over n over----use berkible 2+2 gum cutter:tup: and a whole lotta AIR :evilface:

I guess Ill pull the carb tomorrow and clean it out real good. Im hoping its just clogged, just when I thought it was good to go, it starts ******* up again. I'd say its just got debris in the carb though, especially b/c I let it run dry on gas so it prob sucked it all up.

just for shits n giggles you might wanna pull ur screens from tank too, to cover all bases, as they say.........start with the stupid/easy ****........it's worked for me on many ocassions :iagree:

just for shits n giggles you might wanna pull ur screens from tank too, to cover all bases, as they say.........start with the stupid/easy ****........it's worked for me on many ocassions :iagree:

Alrighty. Im dreading messing with the carb tomorrow, I wish the damn thing would just run right.lol. This thing has been a bitch to get squared away since I got it a week ago.

Good call mrjim.
To me it seems like it isn't getting fuel.
I would start by pulling the line off between the tank and carb to see if fuel comes out. If so: put the line back on open the fuel valve then open the screw on the bottom of the bowl to see if the bowl has any fuel. If none comes out the bowl is most likely empty( or alot of crap in the bottom of it). While I have the screw open I tap on the bowl with the plastic end of a screwdriver to try to free the float if its stuck and not allowing the fuel to flow.
If you have fuel coming out of the bowl at a pretty good rate, then you have something plugged in the carb. Cleaning time!

When you have issues with anything you always have to go back to the last thing you did and start from there. Ran out of fuel.

Hang in there it'll come around. It takes awile to get something in shape after it has been neglected.

Yea, the previous owner neglected and beat the hell out of this thing. :( The good thing is, he bought alot of aftermarket stuff for it, its like a scavenger hunt, I find more aftermarket parts everytime I dive into it :). That doesnt make up for how bad he neglected and beat the hell out of it without proper upkeep but it helps.

Good call mrjim.
To me it seems like it isn't getting fuel.
I would start by pulling the line off between the tank and carb to see if fuel comes out.

Way ahead of you, thats the first thing I did. In the dark. Needless to say, I spewed fuel everywhere trying to put the line back on the carb because I couldnt see and it took like 10 sec, so yea, gas was flowing fine.lmao

I dont know, I was gonna check the bowl, but it got dark, fast and I was already irritated that it was acting up after running so nice yesterday. Dont wanna work on something when your mad, that always leads to problems for me not to mention the dark thing LOL. I almost wonder if the float or something is stuck, I picked up the front end of my warrior earlier to check something and then my hand slipped as I was trying to set it down and it just slammed down from quite a ways up (chest high and Im 6'4"), I wonder if that coulda jarred something, I know that when my little bro flipped my stepdads polaris, the float got stuck. Idk.

In the carb it sounds like.
It performed perfect yesterday? All throttle positions had good response? Or did it bog then after 1/2 throttle?

In the carb it sounds like.
It performed perfect yesterday? All throttle positions had good response? Or did it bog then after 1/2 throttle?

Its bogged since I got it a week ago, but it wasnt that big of a deal. Yesterday, it idled great and stayed running no prob, it was just after it ran out of gas today, it went all to hell. As soon as I started it, it wouldnt stay running, I took it up the road and on the way back down I let out of the throttle for a second and it died, I let it coast home, thats when I realized I was out of gas, so i filled it up about halfway(thats all the gas I had) and it crunk right up, first pull of the pullstart and i let it run for about 30 sec. I had to rev it to keep it from dying, after about 30 sec, I let out of the throttle to see if it would Idle, and down she went, no pause or anything.Straight from throttle to death like I hit the kill switch.

Carb cleaning time.
Search on here fro the proper jet sizes and needle and srew positions. That way when you put it back together you know they are all correct.

Back