What front and rear sprockets can I use?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand your point. But when in comparison to seeing it on a chart and actually riding a bike that has it done you will be able to truly see what I'm talking about it will also help if you do decide to upgrade the motor further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also dont want to upgrade the motor any further. I want to keep it as reliable as possible.

I can confirm a few that interchange for you

89-04 warrior
98-06 blaster
89-06 banshee
01-06 660 raptor
Those I can confirm. Anything else is unknown to me.

I know that your splitting hairs and all but if your looking for the right setup for you I'd suggest a 15t front and a 38-39 tooth rear.

You can run a 38 on a second gen. I should know, I run one on walle. All a first gem gives you is the ability to run a 37 which is comparable to a one tooth front sprocket change.

I can confirm a few that interchange for you

89-04 warrior
98-06 blaster
89-06 banshee
01-06 660 raptor
Those I can confirm. Anything else is unknown to me.

I know that your splitting hairs and all but if your looking for the right setup for you I'd suggest a 15t front and a 38-39 tooth rear.

You can run a 38 on a second gen. I should know, I run one on walle. All a first gem gives you is the ability to run a 37 which is comparable to a one tooth front sprocket change.

really? 15/38,39 with a 20" tire?

Last edited:
I'm saying you should grab a 15 tooth too because if just the jump to 14/39 or 14/38 isn't enough of a jump you can go to 15/40 and keep playing with the gearing till you find what you like. I run 15/38 on walle with a 18" tire and it pulls through the gears faster then most with 14/40. But mine will do that because of the engine mods will push enough power to do so.
It's all about finding the setup that fits your style best and your machine setup best. That's the goal here right? What could hurt in ordering a extra sprocket? Heck you might Change your mind and want more speed later and you would already have the sprocket on hand.

I'm saying you should grab a 15 tooth too because if just the jump to 14/39 or 14/38 isn't enough of a jump you can go to 15/40 and keep playing with the gearing till you find what you like. I run 15/38 on walle with a 18" tire and it pulls through the gears faster then most with 14/40. But mine will do that because of the engine mods will push enough power to do so.
It's all about finding the setup that fits your style best and your machine setup best. That's the goal here right? What could hurt in ordering a extra sprocket? Heck you might Change your mind and want more speed later and you would already have the sprocket on hand.

I see what your saying and thats exactly what Im trying to do, find the best setup for the machine possible. Im at 14/40 right now w the 20" tire. I find acceleration and low gear trail puttering to be fine, but when I'm in 6th gear going as fast as possible, I feel the motor wanting to pull just a little more. If anything itll either be a 39 or 38t sprocket that I get set on. I dont think changing the front sprocket will benefit me at this point anymore. I think itll be too drastic of a change again and id have to then again compensate at the rear.

I dont want to mod the motor anymore than I already have. I dont want to sacrifice reliability or spend the money to do it. If I needed to do motor work Id probably just buy a bigger quad. I feel with the minor performance mods I did and with the tire change, I was making a good decision going with 14/39. I only have an exhaust system, intake and jet kit.

Another issue is my chain is wayyyy past due to be replaced. There are gunked sections and kinked links all throughout it. SO that could be another place where Im losing power. Either way, I need to replace the chain and both sprockets and I need to start somewhere and 14/40 was my starting point. I just assumed based on my riding as of late that the 39t sprocket was what I was looking for for that "extra gear". Luckily for me these new chain case savers will fit 13-15t front sprockets lol.

Last edited:
So I got my new chain and sprockets. My clutch disks needed replacing and my basket was worn. I never realized you could lose that much power from a worn clutch.

As a was saying before my friend with a completely stock Warrior was beating me by lengths during drags. After I filed the grooves of the worn basket, I am literally blowing him away. Extremely happy I figured out the issue. I thought I had a fried motor.

And I also see why I could have gone to the 38t rear instead of the 39 that I thought I wanted. I can feel it still pulling at the end of 6th gear.

Back