What front and rear sprockets can I use?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbkid0486

Reaction score
I need a new 14t front and need to replace my stock rear with a 39t sprocket. I also believe im looking for a 520x98 Drive chain correct?

anyway onto the sprockets. What other sprockets fit? I cant find any warrior or even raptor 350 39t rear sprockets. I know I was watching a Renthal at the beginning of the Winter on ebay that was warrior specific 39t, but havent found another since that one sold. Will Raptor 6/700 and Banshee rear sprockets fit? If so any specific years? Front 14t arent as hard to find, but the rear is what Im worried about.

And Im getting the right sized chain correct? 520x98? Any specific recommendations? I was assuming I would go with D.I.D and I do alot of riding in muddy/dusty conditions.

Last edited:
i have a 20" rear tire and run 14/40 gearing. i dont think you can get a 39t rear sprocket for the 2nd gen hub.

i have a 20" rear tire and run 14/40 gearing. i dont think you can get a 39t rear sprocket for the 2nd gen hub.

really? I found this one but wasn't trying to spend 110+ bucks on a sprocket and it says it fits 89-06 warrior/banshees. This is what made me think can I run a banshee sprocket?

http://dirttricks.com/shop/yf-39-rear-yamaha-sprocket

then I also found this and it says banshee/warrior 89-04. Mine is an 01 and falls into both if it is in fact correct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121492412220?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I was really just looking for a Renthal of some sort but wanted opinions first as I really have no idea. I've run the stock components since I bought her new but wanted to adjust the gear ratio as back to stock as possible. Right now I run the 14/40 and I'm missing the little bit of top speed that I know is there. I can feel it right there and I'm trying to get to it lol.

Changing 1 tooth on the rear sprocket won't change top speed by much. It definitely isn't worth $110 for the tiny gain you will get.

If you are going to go that route get a first gen warrior hub and a 38 tooth rear with a 14 tooth front save your self some money first gen sprockets are cheaper and will work with a second gen hub that's what I'm running on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changing 1 tooth on the rear sprocket won't change top speed by much. It definitely isn't worth $110 for the tiny gain you will get.

I know I dont want to spend the 110 but my friends completely stock warrior will outrun me. I have full exhaust intake and jet kit and he gets where hes going first lol. Changing to the 20" tire really threw the ratio off. Acceleration was crazy but top speed definitely suffered. Im just trying to get the ratio back to where it was originally.

If you are going to go that route get a first gen warrior hub and a 38 tooth rear with a 14 tooth front save your self some money first gen sprockets are cheaper and will work with a second gen carrier that's what I'm running on mine

I want to stick the to stock ratio as close as possible so I want to use a 39t in conjunction w the 14t front and 20" rear tires.

Last edited:
If you run a 38 you gain top end with out sacrificing acceleration

If you run a 38 you gain top end with out sacrificing acceleration

Im basing all my understandings on this chart here

6189E64E-A7C4-4E78-BB44-89AA7A6BCC26_zpszipxwzrp.png

It states 14/39 is as close to stock gear ratio as I'm going to get with a 20" rear. Are these stats incorrect? 14/38 says its good all around, but I want 14/39.

I can understand your point. But when in comparison to seeing it on a chart and actually riding a bike that has it done you will be able to truly see what I'm talking about it will also help if you do decide to upgrade the motor further

Last edited:
You are really splitting hairs about 1 tooth. If you are set on 39 tooth rear get it. But for the price an availability a 38 tooth or a 40 tooth is damn close.

That's what I'm saying its a tooth more or a tooth less you can save 80-90$ for what is just as good as stock with out a huge price tag my opinion the 1st gen hub gives you more options

You are really splitting hairs about 1 tooth. If you are set on 39 tooth rear get it. But for the price an availability a 38 tooth or a 40 tooth is damn close.

I'm trying too that's why I'm asking why other sprockets are usable lol. Will a banshee rear sprocket work? Or only Warrior specific? If that's the case I'll spend the 110 bucks on it cuz that's what I want. But I also posted one for 25 bucks as well so the 110 one isn't my only option.

That's what I'm saying its a tooth more or a tooth less you can save 80-90$ for what is just as good as stock with out a huge price tag my opinion the 1st gen hub gives you more options

Well that one tooth more that's there Right now is the 40t stock and I can feel when I'm wide open the need for that few more MPh. I can literally feel the engine/gears wanting to open up a little more. I also do a lot of tight trail riding and want to keep my low end power on tap as well without having to do 30 mph in the woods if I just want to putter around the trails.

So I would like to keep the stock gear ratio. I guess I'm going to stop asking and just spend the 110. Funny thing is, I also posted one for 25 but everyone missed that one I guess. I was just looking for better advice on what other sprockets are compatiable, not what size I should run.

Last edited:
Banshees should run raptors might run depending on year all warriors minus first gens will fit first gens require diff hub 450 won't even come close I tried the one I have bolt pattern is way off

Banshees should run raptors might run depending on year all warriors minus first gens will fit first gens require diff hub 450 won't even come close I tried the one I have bolt pattern is way off

can anyone else confirm this? Just dont want to buy the part only for it not to work.

Back