What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New guy here!

Finally stopped riding my buddies' quads and picked up my own '05 Raptor 350 SE. After riding it a few times, I am now changing some things to better suit my preferences.

Yesterday, I added the Armadillo chassis and swing arm skid plates, removed the parking brake and added a block off plate. After that I removed the stock shift lever because it felt sloppy and it bent far too easily. I replaced it with the YZ-250F Flightline shifter from IMS and the direct shift is a huge improvement. The clutch lever was bent a bit when I got the bike so I decided to replace it and the perch with the ProTaper clutch perch. It was a straight forward install but now I have the clutch switch just hanging about... will have to figure out what to do with that.

Took it out in the yard to see how things felt after the swaps and all seemed well until I used reverse. I shifted into first and while continuing to hold the clutch lever in, shifted into reverse. To my surprise the quad began to move backward even with the clutch lever pulled in. I also had a heck of time getting it back in forward again. Before my changes above I had no issues with reverse or the lever that operates reverse. Is there an issue with reverse and having the clutch switch disconnected? What else may I have accidentally done to cause this issue? Any advice is appreciated.

Looking forward to hitting the trails again this Sunday!

Welcome to the forum, We have a member introduction page here for this type of post. I was the same way when I joined I had no idea where to post so don't sweat it, One of the mods or admin will move it for you. Enjoy the site lots of good info and people here. Glad to have another guy from Kentucky on here.

Got my parking brake block off,my banshee lowering link an my flush mount valve stems in from FedEx today soon as I'm off work putting it all together

e9anysab.jpg
pyhe2epe.jpg

New msr shifter direct is no doubt way beet then stock

meqana4e.jpg
etazame8.jpg

Flipped the front wheels mounted 660 rear and lowering link,parking brake block off and mounted my res for my 660 up under the seat in front of the rear fender

yva9epuv.jpg

Picked up some dusty but mint 450 shocks today gotta figure a way around a arms for now because I'm on a reducously tight budget do to housing permits

wired up a couple 2.5" round LED headlights on #5 tonight

daytime runners

Nighttime lights

Last edited:
thought I'd try a Banshee rear shock for ****'s and giggles since I won a couple on ebay
so off with the 660 and on with the shee

shee shock and shee dog bone a little higher than the 660

shee shock and warrior dog bone Perfect!

I also picked up a grab bar style clamp on rear rack at Pawn America for $50 brand new!

apygy8aq.jpg
ate6ydes.jpg
penuge8u.jpg
u3y6u8az.jpg

Figured I would start doin some testing and fitment mods to my warrior for a complete 450 rear end and plastics
2y8uruhy.jpg
also mounted the 450 shocks still waiting on a relocator bracket but it gave me an idea of what I have to look forward to

Latest posts

Back