was 3 quads, now 2, maybe less soon

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2kwarrior

Reaction score
Well This last month I got a wild hair up my ass and decided I wanted to start selling off my quads. I sold my 350twin blaster right after i did the topend. I havent gotten around to putting a new topend on the 87 warrior yet, but have been offered $900 for it as it sits. Not sure if I should jump on it or wait till I get the new piston in it. I know I can get $2500 easy out of my 2000 warrior. For some reason warriors in this area are still selling really high. I dont know if I should just sell these seperate, or just trade both for a raptor 660 or Banshee. The warrior just doesnt dune very well, and since I already sold my dune quad, Im needing something with more grunt. What do you guys think?

I think you would like the 660. I spent a bit of time on one and they are impressive.

if your a die hard dune guy banshee all the way..... they pack a mean punch bro. you can never go wrong with a raptor 660. a rossier, tires and your set haha.

either one is awesome for the sand. but the raptor has its benifits off the soft stuff. its pretty much a do it all monster. throw some tires and a pipe on it and your set.

-ant

Ive ridden Banshees, 660's, and 450's thanks to the other members in my club. I know im going to miss my mini banshee (my 350twin blaster) So that makes me kinda lean towards a banshee, but I ride trails like 2 or 3 times a year and banshees suck on trails, or at least the trails I ride. 450's are nice but I hate them for riding dunes. If I did MX or 99% trails then I would get one in a heartbeat. The 660's are heavy, but powerfull and seem to be a decent all around quad. Im just kinda torn between the banshee and the 660. Guess I need to decide if I want to give up trail riding or not. And then decide between the 2. ???

A banshee could be a decent trail bike with some modifications. I say go with the banshee!!

idk i love the sudden powerbands of a 2 stroke

lol but thats my opinion

I've never ridden a 660, but I have ridden a modded banshee, and that thing was wicked. I loved it, but I don't think I would want one as my only quad, I do a good bit of trail riding with groups and a modded two stroke just isn't conducive to that type of riding. Plus, I love the ease and reliability of a four-stroke.

If you only trail ride a few times a year I would say get a banshee. Its not like you cant trail ride it, it will be a little more difficult but well worth the sacrifice when your ripping through the dunes most of the year.

Well the warriors are gone. Went ahead and sold the 87 for the $900 that was offered for it. Not to bad considering it needed a rebuild. Sold the 2000 for $2800, which im happy with. I advertised it for $3000 expecting to get $2500, and the first guy to show up offered me the $2800 so I jumped on it. I have already bought my replacement quad. Its a 88 Suzuki LT 250. It has 5 hours on a new topend, been bored 20 over. Powder coated frame, chrome 4 inch extended swingarm. chrome a-arms. Newish plastics and seat cover. This thing is fast. Its even faster than my girls 400ex ;D. Cant wait to hit the dunes on this one. here are some pics of it.
lt250-4.jpg

lt250-2.jpg

lt250.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention I paid $2150 for the suzuki, so that leaves me $1550 incase I want to go a little crazy with the engine

YOU GOT 2800 OUT OF AN 02 WARRIOR?!?!?!?! Thats just insane and I do mean INSANE. I'm gona move to where ever you live haha.

YOU GOT 2800 OUT OF AN 02 WARRIOR?!?!?!?! Thats just insane and I do mean INSANE. I'm gona move to where ever you live haha.

Actually I got $2800 out of a 2000 ;D Warriors out here sell high. 02's are selling for around $3000 04's are averaging around $3500. Of course these prices are for good condition quads. I think mine being unique looking helped with the sale, that and mine still ran and rode like new. Actually all yamahas sell high out here. Great for selling, but sucks for buying.

Back