warriorrider01 project "cheap ass"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
swapped the front shocks to a new set from the blaster. huge improvement, now i just need to find a rear shock from a raptor or banshee!

they are just a cheap set from wal mart...were 20 bucks, i don't remember how many watt or anything. i think 55 a piece or something

so my engine seemed to make a ton of valve noise, so i went to set the valves today, and the intake valve didnt have a locknut...

the dumbass i bought the quad from must've just thought you didnt need it. fyi tappets from a 400ex will work in a warrior.

anyway, got the valves all adjusted gonna start her up tomorrow, i hope its an improvement!

Same thing happened to my buds 88. Try fishing around in the cam valley with a magnet wand. Lucky the nut hasn't gotten lodged in the cam and spun the gear on it. That's what happened to my friends. I've seen this on one other warrior as well. If you can't find that nut with the magnet or by removing the exhaust valve cover, drain the oil. It could have gotten to the bottom of the case that fast, and is in the mesh screen.

i just recently changed the oil, so i guess it is possible that it came out, just weird...i rode it quite a bit, and so did the kid i bought it from, i figured it woulda locked something up by now.

well, i fired it up yesterday after i adjusted the valves, and it sounds way better and seems to run nicer, i also adjusted the idle air screw, since the kid had it 2 1/2 turns out, and factory is 1 to 1 1/4 turns out. seems ok now.

only thing i noticed was the first time i started it up it smoked a good bit, it didnt do this before, so i'm wondering if the valve seals are just fucked up and it took until i adjusted them to where they should be to act up? i dunno. i'm gonna fire it up when i get home from work and see if it smokes a lot, that should tell me if it is the valve seals or just a freak thing.

what color smoke??? and mines got a little tick to havent got to adjust my valves yet..and i like ur front bumper all moded up looks like a ac or almost like my tusk..

Valve adjustment has nothing to do with the seals.

I'd look more towards weak oil rings.
Mine had a shitload of compression (top rings were great) but oil rings had NO tension left in them (stock originals) and smoked like a freight train.

^ yeah i fired it up today and it smoked and also smoked a little while i rode it friday, i would have to say oil rings too. i wonder if i could just pull the engine apart and re ring it?

Yup, I did only the top end on mine. Bore was standard, only a wee little ring ridge. I just honed 'er and let it rip.

cool, it seems like a combination of both, it smokes a good bit on start up, and JUST a little after it warms up....ugh, more work!

well, thanks to 4strokerider69 i have more on the to do list.

yay or nay? i got the full set of plastics, would need some mods but i know i could do it and make it look decent.

also, he hooked me up with a whole rear disk setup for the blaster.

raptorhood-1.jpg

Last edited:
yeah ur smoke was def white today but to everyone wantin to know what the WB e-seris sounds like...i liked it ...really deep...cant wait to rip em both....

Id personally pass on the rappy front end. That's like drivin a Chrysler 300 because it looks like a Bentley.

Back