Trail riding... what to expect/prepare for

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, NONE of my Hondas have ever broken down. I've only ever seen Polaris, Arctic Cat, and a couple Zukes and Kawis broken down. Honda and Yamaha rarely need trail wrenching.
See thats why I pack heavy. I ride the wifes Scrambler all over the place, but it hasn't ever let me down. I took it on several trail rides that went over 4 hours, and it just kept on roll'n.
Also now that I have 2, 2 strokes I have to pack more parts. Jets in particular.

And I do agree that extra levers, and cables could come in handy. But you could still make it back home with a broken clutch lever, or cable, and even with no brakes.

Last edited:
Oh you can, but do you want to? lol. Nothing worse then trying to find neutral when you absolutely have to stop.

I was talking about the clutch cable, not brakes. It can be somewhat easy to stop without brakes. Just pull in the clutch, shut off the enging, and let the clutch out slowy, so the trans stops ya. Or, downshift through the gears if you have enough time/distance to slow down.

I was talking about the clutch cable, not brakes. It can be somewhat easy to stop without brakes. Just pull in the clutch, shut off the enging, and let the clutch out slowy, so the trans stops ya. Or, downshift through the gears if you have enough time/distance to slow down.
Yah I wasn't pay'n attention. It's been a long day, and I'm kinda cross eyed from being on this computer all day.
But anyway..
You could always just stall the quad out to stop to if you needed. It's not the ideal way to do it, but it could be done. Then find neutral, and keep going. lol
It's not like you'll be riding it all day like that. You could fix it back at your truck if you had the parts?
But again if you had the parts in your truck, you might as well take them with you on your trail ride..

That's the smart way to do it. Last time at Hatfield, we came across a group of roughly 7, and the one guy on a 1st gen 400ex had a brokem clutch cable. The were trying to figure out how to rig it up. They were in the furthest place from civilization, too.

you guys bring alot of stuff !!! ... i bring my master link key chain, yami tool kit and 1 gallon gas can .... that it ...... ITS A WARRIOR NOT A HONDA !!!!

But that's how we make all our beer money fixing all the "OTHER QUADS" broke down along the way Bones!lol:nanner:

you guys bring alot of stuff !!! ... i bring my master link key chain, yami tool kit and 1 gallon gas can .... that it ...... ITS A WARRIOR NOT A HONDA !!!!

HAhahah.

I only pack all my stuff when I got to my camp which is 1:45 from home and I'm there for the weekend. If its a day ride and close to home, I bring me, my quad, gas and that's about it.

I have brought cans of gas for my bone stock warrior and never needed them, even on a 50 mile ride I had a qtr tank after tha ride! Still was nice knowing it was there.

Back