TORQ pipe need feedback

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had my header pipe ceramic coated. It only cost me $20.
I wish I would have had you modify it first. I may have another pipe I can get you to do for me.

What do you think is the gain with your modifications? What is the gain with the Powerbomb?

According to the power bomb it's supposed to give more low end torque
I don't think people pay $175 for a power bomb if it only quiets the exhaust down that's just stupid
its supposed to create more low end torque

Last edited:
These are kind of like a 2 stroke's expansion chamber, not like a glass pack muffler. These are hollow.
I believe it to be like this, it's easier to compress exhaust gasses into a larger area prior to being expelled out the muffler which is a flow restrictor. Try running w/o a muffler, you have more power right?
Don't get me wrong flow design is a large factor. The stock pipe has nice smooth bends to it. The restrictor is partially the pipe size. Now if you could build a header out of larger pipe you would have something, but then the inlet pipe into your muffler is still small so it would have to be changed.
All I can say is to try it????

Heres the problem i see though if you just add a larger volume chamber your losing velocity and possibly even creating a reverse pressure wave. The point of a 2 stroke expansion chamber is to create a pressure wave pushing unburnt fuel back into the motor different volumes and lengths effect how long it takes for that pressure wave to return to the motor

I can, I'll try to post in the morning.
I don't know about all the pressure waves and stuff, all I can tell is what I feel on my bike.
That why I want to get a few out there.
If your not interested that's fine.
I'm not taking the one off my bike for sure!

This concept has been done by the bike makers for a while now. It just looked different. Back in the day my Suzuki DR125 had this second pipe that was capped off. I just never understood it. Now I do.

If you can feel a power difference with it then you know it's gotta be doing more than just lessening the sound like the power bomb and yes the pipe on the power bomb is bigger but the proof is in the test run and right now there in noticeable power gains

i noticed a power change with the fmf power bomb but if i hadnt blown the stocker to pieces i would definently send it to you! im sure it wont hurt flow, after all, look at the mega bomb on the 450s!

Thanks for the vote Weston.
A little heads up on the rear brake, it takes some getting used to. Unbelievable stopping power right away. Don't need to push it hard. Its right there right now.
Its like I was saying I love the homegrown mods, its way more fun than just buy and bolt.

I need more ideas. I just finished my scoops.

I just dont see how those shallow angle scoops catch much air.. but thats me. You should try building a aluminum air box! Use a 2"-3" PVC reducer and run a 4" filter, it will change it a ton!

Thanks for the vote Weston.
A little heads up on the rear brake, it takes some getting used to. Unbelievable stopping power right away. Don't need to push it hard. Its right there right now.
Its like I was saying I love the homegrown mods, its way more fun than just buy and bolt.

I need more ideas. I just finished my scoops.

I gotta get a 450 brake caliper for the rear my stock rear caliper was locked up the whole time on my trail ride earlier Sunday so Im gonna be needing to do this mod too

well I'm getting my header sent out to you tomorrow man I cant wait to get it back and put on! and that should give me some time to get my carb all cleaned and a new plug in it so it runs right! hahaha and i hope that raptor muffler does something cause i hate this stocker!

Back