Tires, which ones?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrider12

Reaction score
I ride a very wide variety of terrain that includes a lot of sand with rocks, mud, and hardpacked clay. Honestly I think the factory balloon tires haven't been that bad for the terrain I ride, they're worn out though. I definitely like the 22" rears for the ground clearance they give.

I was looking at the following tires for the rear. Any opinions?

Maxxis All-Trak

M9209_allTrack.jpg

Carlisle Trail Wolf Sport

images

Gbc xc masters are nice tires and bite hard. I think there good for about any terrain. In mud the fling off and they bite on hard pack.

150$ for the pair shipped brand new. Not too bad I don't think.

ITP Holeshot GNCC's, ITP Quadcross XC's or GBC XCmasters, I haven't ran the GBC's but have heard nothing but great things about them, However I do own some GNCC's and Quadcross xc's and both are damn good tires. If I was to ever switch it would only be for GBC's or some old school Shredders.

Don't overlook the CST Ambush if you are trying to save a few dollars. They come in 21 and 22 for the front and 20 and 22 in the back, whatever your choice. I am pretty sure the Holeshot GNCCs are 21s only for the rear.

I run the ambush tires and love them! Plus there a good price.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

The GNCC's come in 20's I got a pair of 20x10x9's on mine. As for the CST Ambushs they are a BIG seller. I personally haven't ever ran a set but that doesn't mean they aint good. Cheng Shin Tire's are partners with Maxxis Tires so that's a plus and the prices are great. I just got my ass kicked 3 against 1 lol. It really comes down to what you wanna spend, Or you could get some Tireballs and never have to worry about ****''

Everything you guys have recommended so far have been "holeshot" style more or less, and from my experience those aren't the best for sand or mud, which I encounter frequently. What do you think of the two tires in the initial post?

i honestly dont think either one would excell in sand or mud. theyre more of an all purpose tire. i go through a lot of everything here in AZ. i have both Ambushes and GBC XCMasters. theyve never let me down wherever i decide to go. ive done some almost what you would call rock crawling where i had to strategically place every tire to get through then climb a 100+ ft veign of granite type rock. they grip no problem no worries. in AZ we have huge washes that channel through the city for all the mountain runoff. its very sandy to the point where inexperienced dirtbikers hate them. still no problems. if i were to go to the dunes or so some extreme mudding i would get something more specific to that but i wouldn't use the tire for my every day use. these tires look like more of a track type but everybody loves them fore all purpose use.

if you really dont like those tires then your next bet would be somewhere on the lines of AMS Swamp Fox or GBC Dirt Devils. my buddy has swampfoxes on his Big Bear and loves them. he doesn't rip around like i do but he goes through a lot of nasty stuff like i do and after getting them can finally get to the top of some hills he couldn't with his stockers. as for longetivity we dont know yet but for the past year theyve held up great. theres a couple of warriors on here that use this tread and like them too but idk what brand they use
these are the swamp foxes
0000-ams-swamp-fox-aggressive-all-season-tire---.jpg

actually i just looked up those all traks and they look pretty nice but a bit pricey. they kind of still remind me of the holeshot pattern but maybe a bit deeper knobs. not sure

@gees. are those really ambushes? they look more like an H instead of spiders

Last edited:
Dick cepek spider traks is what I'll suggest. I like mine they have epic grip in the loose stuff and are riding group friendly as the don't spray mud and sand out behind you. The only downside is they suck in reverse in the loose stuff as with any directional tire.

Back