Ten minuts on the forum and problem solved!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7a1c216c.jpg

cb1d0865.jpg

filter looks pretty clean, but also real dry. def needs some oil. and in the second pic, is this the aftermarket airbox flange ive heard about? if so score lol :tup:

Ya there doesnt look like there is any oil on it. On your running issue, start checking ground wires. especially small ones and clean there contact points. Hell look over the entire harness. I had an issue a few years back where my 98 would run when it wanted to and ran like ****. It turned out mine was the little wire that came off the main neg. battery cable.

i dont think i can do the harness. i feel that if i take it off, it wont ever be right again. im just not sure if i can do it. i just plain suck at electrical =/

You dont need to take it all the way off, just pull it away from the frame enough to see if theres any areas that are rubbed threw. Also have you checked the valve lash?

I will try to look over what I can today. And what and where is the valve lash? ( sorry guys this is all new to me. First four stroke!)

forgot to mention, when i was in the carb i threw a bic pen spring in there. is the 145 jet too big?

Id try holding ur hand over the cab intake and see how it runs and if it boggs if it runns better its jetting if not its probable electrical "valve lash" is the rocker arm clearence on the valves if you have a feeler gauge and a 10mm wrench and a alen head socket set you can set it your self I've got the specs here some were...

Also on top of what duneracer siad theres a downloadable manual in the tutorial section that has specs for most of the hard parts like the valve clearance as well as electrical components. It will also tell you how to test and adjust things.

update: pretty sure i got the wires to be semi working now. will know for sure on the trails tomorrow. did ride it for a few hours so far, shes purring like a kitten now. got a couple pics. one with a question other two are just a goodie i found. thanks for your input everyone. first pic, im wondering what this part is called and where the black and red wires go? because neither are hooked up. i looked at the manual and it looks to me the fuse goes to red? which wouldnt make sense in my case because both side of the fuse are hooked up, and its working fine. i did get a new solenoid and the starting circuit cut off box?? lol not sure what its called. there two small end that a plug goes into. one green, one white. i replaced the white because it was all broken and getting mud inside.

6102c81a.jpg

1a9e648a.jpg

147f4458.jpg

full skids already installed :slayer: just gotta cover the a-arms. will say though, its a bitch and a half cleaning under the motor with it there lol

Ya they do make it harder to clean save barts though

Pic #1 is the regulator rectifier I'm not sure were the wires plug bet they have to plug up some were or it don't go to a warrior

Alright that's what I thought it was. Bu like I said I'm lost when I look at that wire diagram lol

My harness is ghetto. I got a blue wire( tail light) and that's about it. Need to know what they go to at the end of the harness. Thanks again guys

the black ties in the tail light ground wire...and the red ties into the red/white wire after the fuse

Back