Ten minuts on the forum and problem solved!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightmare420

Reaction score
so right when i signed up i did some searching on my problem. already figured it out! thanks guys i was getting irritated. still a couple little things, but as of right now, i know my solinoid is deffinatly bad. only clicks like most iv read about on here. and starter turns instantly when i jump the solenoid with a screw driver. now the other problems are it wants to backfire alot, (which im thinking is the parking break sensor from what iv read) and when i gun it, it boggs right down. doesnt want to lift the front end at all. looking forword to some responses, i would love to get this quad in good shape, as i have two blasters and on rt100 that are all screwed with problems beyond my repair.. so any input would be very much apreciated.

glad we could help. lol

oh yeah, try not to mention the word blaster on here too much. trust me haha

post pics of your rides. btw, i've seen you over on BF too. welcome to yfm350.com

alright so moving onto the bogging issue.. couple questions. is there any ways to remove the parking break and clutch sensors? i know how to take them off lol just dont know if just unplugging them will do the trick? and when i got the quad, the guy is running an fmf pipe, with a K&N filter, and no lid. im just really hoping he jetted right, but its looking like thats a negative. =/ i just haven't had much good luck with anything latly, im dreading the next problem! (pics will be up hopefully in the morning, photobucket is down atm. any requests on snapping a pic of anything specific let me know!)

Last edited:
used my search bar a bit, and ill be removing the parking break sensor in the A.M.. but am still wondering if i should/can remove the clutch sensor too. if it will help my bogging issue, etc..<br>

when removing just the PB sensor itself, and keeping everything else on, all i need to do is unplug the sensor right? not plug it into itself? sorry i know this is a REALY sore subject

unplug the black plug thats on the perch on the clutch lever, follow the wires that are on the plug and you will see that they splice into 2 other wires, unplug them to wires and plug the 2 wires into each other. its really simple once you see it. your best bet is to get a new clutch perch and do the raptor clutch mod. makes shifting a TON easier

solinoid should be here in bout half hour. till then im removing the old one, and deleting the pb, and clutch sensors. ill let you guys know how it works out for me!

photo.jpg

That looks nice! 2 non running Blasters huh? Cool! Another sled guy!

thanks man, im hoping 600 wasnt a bad deal for her. yes two non runners lol and yep i have a 97xcr600 too. i love anything that moves! lol

looks like at one time someone spent some cash on it. fmf exhaust, handguards, seatcover, engine cover paint, prm front bumper, wiseco piston or maybe just a sticker, meant handguard not handguards lol. did you swap the tires? I see two different tread patterns on the fronts. You said you paid 600? Good deal IMO just a feew little things to fix, we're all here to help. Looks like the airfilter needs recharged.

Last edited:
so problem isnt suolved. knew it was too good to be true. got a new starter relay, unplugged and removed the PB sensor, and plugged the two clutch sensor wires together. now who woulda thought, its running twice as bad as before. backfiring and stutterung non stop, on top of the bogging when i gun it, AND it only starts when it wants. im pretty pissed off right now

looks like at one time someone spent some cash on it. fmf exhaust, handguards, seatcover, engine cover paint, prm front bumper, wiseco piston or maybe just a sticker, meant handguard not handguards lol. did you swap the tires? I see two different tread patterns on the fronts. You said you paid 600? Good deal IMO just a feew little things to fix, we're all here to help. Looks like the airfilter needs recharged.

lol yeah the one handguard is anoyying. and yes i did swap the tires for some holeshots. couldnt stand the flat looking tires. what is a filter recharge? first time iv ran a K&N..

filter recharge is 1st cleaning the filter then using k&n oil to oil it. a kit cost like 12 bucks and will last a while. You can get them at any autoparts store

how is that recharging? lol i know how to clean and re-oil. ripped the carb apart and cleaned it, nothing looked even dirty, and what do u know now its gas is just running out the overflow. im already so sick of ******* with this bike. i bought it to just ride since i have two others that are already messed up! this **** is just getting rediculous. the jet it has in it say R with a little pic of a box and 145 under that. battery is BRAND new as i stated before.

how is that recharging? QUOTE] That is what it's called, when you buy a kit, it is called a recharger kit

just seems like a weird way to describe it IMO. lol. but i may pick one up. im not putting anymore $ into this thing until i find the exact cause of the problem though. im sick of buying parts to install them just to find out it caused something else to go wrong. :argh:

Back