Swinger to fram bolt

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the price tusk clutches aren't bad, they just wont last as long as others.

Yeah... I have a set in mine... Lasted 3 years so far... that includes pulling my buddies go-cart up some long steep hills after it broke down a few times... even pulled some rather large logs up my hill too. And it is still doin good. So it may not be the best but for $40 it has been well worth the price for me...

this is what happens when i get frustrated beyond believe:argh:
IMG_20120424_170914.jpg
i

yep, and i have another. Me and my father in law tried everything we had available to no avail. Luckily the one on my parts bike just tapped right out. getting a grease zerk for it tomorrow. Now i just have to wait till i can get bearings and i will be back on the trails.

Basically out of pure rage. I have been trying to get this thing out for the last week. I didnt have access to a sawsall or i would have totally used that. we used sledge and impact. we tried heating. we tried metal punch. Im telling you this thing WOULD NOT come out. I finally just snapped and grabbed the torch....I know it was dumb but now that its done i dont regret it. Im actually relieved.

Hey, so long as you didn't damage the frame or the alumunun the engine cases are made out of, and you had the extra swinger, good for you!

Hey, so long as you didn't damage the frame or the alumunun the engine cases are made out of, and you had the extra swinger, good for you!

Kinda what i was thinking. If i didnt have a backup i would have never done it. And i used and inch thick piece of steel plate to block the case from direct heat.

Hey it wored right? lol. It's funny, the warrior is known for stuck swinger bolts, and yet, when I did mine it was most likely never apart in it's life, and for being 24 years old it came right out. Didn't even have to use a dead blow hammer, just pushed with my fingers. Guess I just know how to use my fingers. Wink wink. LMFAO!

Hey it wored right? lol. It's funny, the warrior is known for stuck swinger bolts, and yet, when I did mine it was most likely never apart in it's life, and for being 24 years old it came right out. Didn't even have to use a dead blow hammer, just pushed with my fingers. Guess I just know how to use my fingers. Wink wink. LMFAO!

LUCKY SOB haha! And i was extremely happy the bolt from my parts bike just tapped out easily with a metal punch, and its just been sitting for no tellin how long.

shoulda put a grease zerk in it, and filled it full of grease, and beat the living **** out of it, and i bet it woulda came out.

shoulda put a grease zerk in it, and filled it full of grease, and beat the living **** out of it, and i bet it woulda came out.
Well i can promise you the new one is getting a zerk. My wife is stopping by autozone while she is in town tomorrow.

The grease fitting does not get grease to the bolt. Make sure you grease or antiseize the heck out of it when you install it. If you look at the design of the spacer setup, the grease will get around the outside of the spacer and to the bearings but has no way of reaching the bolt. When tight the bolt is isolated inside the spacer and frame.

drill a couple of holes in the spacer...that should allow grease into the center where the bolt is...thats what i did on my carrier spacer

:argh:Now im cant seem to get the old bearings out of the swinger! If it aint one thing its another! Ill be glad to have these things done RIGHT.

I just got those-boss bearing- they seem cheap, in fact i bitched and they sent me a free set (same thing thou) but im gonna runnem n see what happens!!!!

Back