suspensoin idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its desighned that as the suspension travels the tirs lean to create better turning abilitys but if its symetrical the set up I run for mx would work perfect for my riding style and cornering style

what exactly is your style,seem like you would end up going through all this work then likeing your one with the +2 arms and the shocks you got on it lol. the whole purpose of this build is to build a racer for a 350 class to whip some hondas, just build it like your current one with some good engine work, or just build yours back to a 350 and keep what you had from before if you want it back later on

The problem I'm having is that its
1 not wide enough so its a tad top heavy in the corners
2 the tracks are way to rough and I'm running out of travel coming into and leaving the corners
3 I'm also running out of travel on the big step up landings and long tables if I come up short and there's woops on the landing sides and the fronts digging in real bad

problem:
The problem I'm having is that its
1 not wide enough so its a tad top heavy in the corners
2 the tracks are way to rough and I'm running out of travel coming into and leaving the corners
3 I'm also running out of travel on the big step up landings and long tables if I come up short and there's woops on the landing sides and the fronts digging in real bad

solution:
YFZ450R.jpg

yeh i dont know how far your gunna be able to get on dialing in that suspension perfect before kiling yourself lol, but those can ams are sick but i think there ugly as hell, and i think they forge some of there hp claims a bit

I don't I've seen them thing in action I garrentie a renigade 800 will beat a corvet to 70mph

haha i wouldnt go that far, but what year corvette you thinking.

that can am 450 reminds me of the cannondale cannible or however it was spelled

yeah i just see that it is nessecary to completely chop up the frame and all, some nice wide longtravel a arms and good shocks seem like they would do the trick

haha i wouldnt go that far, but what year corvette you thinking.

that can am 450 reminds me of the cannondale cannible or however it was spelled

I would! Can ams are crazy fast. Ive riddin with a 450 just like that and WOW its retarded fast. Makes me feel like im on a 90 lol Cant imagine the Renegades.

what if you were to replace certain parts of the frame with aluminum too lighten it up? like do your subframe thats under the seat out of aluminum and sume other parts here and there

yeah but doing subframe would be taking wheight out inthe warrior were you dont need to id be nice if you coule take some outta the front. you just have to build anyhting tso that any forces are put on the aluminum in a comppression or pulled on (cant think of a sciwentific term)

I dont see a point in it. If you do an aluminum subframe then it will just throw off the weight distribution and make the rear alot lighter than stock which the front will still be a tank.

ive never heard of an adjustable subframe but id assume it would be to adjust your seat height and angle

Lighter means quicker my heavy butt is more then enough weight to make it hook up

Haha i know what ya mean there. What about making the front end out of Chromoly tubing instead of regular DOM? It would be alot light and stronger also. What kind of welder you plan on using? MIG or TIG? TIG would be a ton stronger and look nicer

Back