Sprocket/tire/chain changes and effects on speed.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 40 and 22 rears......not enought power to wheelie in second anymore :(........well it will be all good when I do my engine mods this winter!

i ride in rocky areas so i put 25" tires on to increase ground clearance. I am running 12/40 and seems sluggish. what gearing would get to the stock ratio ?

I didn't do the math, but i think something like an 11-42 or 12-46, something like that, would be pretty close to stock with 25's. Not sure what's available for the rear and that's sort of an estimate without any real math. My brain stops at 4:30 unless i'm getting paid overtime...

Hey im im going to have to buy new sprockets and chain here real soon and i was wondering if i run a 12 tooth front and a 40 rear would i still use the 100 link chain?
Thanks

You would still need the stock length which is 98 unless you have an 87-89, which use a 100 because of the longer swingarm.

Why would you want a 12 tooth front though? You talk about riding in wide open areas and all the 12 will do is slow you down.

i know i cant decide if i want to go with a 12 or a 14, but with the 14 would i still use the stock 98 link chain?

ummm im confused what the PRI Ratio? either way those are awesome charts BUT you forgot REVERSE!!! HAHAHA +1 karma

ive always wanted to make a excell sheet that would calculate speeds and rpm... and such
like if you know enough variables you can find the rest.... what would be awesome is a app for the iphone hahaha

thats crazy because all along i thought my warrior had the stock gearing but it actually has 16/40!

ok im fixing to but a kit from rocky mountain that has a 13/40 and an x-ring gold plated chain and its all primary drive stuff

im runnin 14/38 with 22' tires what can i do for a medium in top speed and acceleration but a lil faster then what i have

very many dependents, what kinda tires are htey, if there a flexible tire you can actually go faster, becasue at higher rpms, they have te baloon affect, and the surface, hardpac or what? engine mods? and stock or cut fenders? the main difference you will notice though is when your in six flooring it down a road, the engine will be screaming, its possible for it to gain another 3-400 rpms when at wide open in six, but id say if anyhthing no more then 5mph, but i havent really got on mine since i changed the gearing and opened it upp

the chart is not acurrate. warriors top rpm isnt 9000. vitos performance says it willl reach its peak at between 5800 and 6000 so those speeds are totaly off. some body should re-do the chart

the chart is not acurrate. warriors top rpm isnt 9000. vitos performance says it willl reach its peak at between 5800 and 6000 so those speeds are totaly off. some body should re-do the chart

Yeah you should re-do the chart for us so we know how fast we are going at 6000 rpm in 6th gear. Does that really make alot of sense?

I have a rev limit when racing at 11,000 rpm. It will rev this high, granted it doesn't make any power up there. But will pull 9-9,500 in 6th with engine mods depending on gearing.

I may have missed it in here but why do u guys always change the front sprocket? eBay kits always include a changed rear citing less effect on top speed or torque depending on which u are trying to increase(decreasing the other). I don't have any desire to go 65 mph on a quad but would like more pull and wheel speed to climb hills on the trails. Should I go with a 12 front or will the ebay kit (13/41) work for me?

Latest posts

Back