Sold the warrior..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the first auto quads sucked. they've came ALONG way and are very good now. you WILL NOT be disappointed with can-am power... those rotax engines are ****** power houses!.
as for honda... the ONLY new honda i'd buy would be a crotch rocket. they're sport quads suck, they're dirtbikes now suck, they're 4wd quads are decent but IMO they're are WAY better options out there! they ONLY way i'd buy a honda 4x4 is if i couldn't find something from the other brands. the lat good offroad bike honda made was the cr250

Those rotax engines build a **** ton of power but, like I said, use too much plastic in and on the engine. My friend builds race bikes and quads for near all classes and disciplins, and has been doing a lot of builds on these bikes over the last 2 or 3 years, an can't stand them. Has found lots of probs with the engines holding together and the quality of the componants. He's actually come to like the new polarises a lot, and even sold his rhino and bought a new ranger! Surprised the **** outta me. I've ridden a fair amount of the auto clutch quads and just hate them. A belt it going to wear and require replacing, period, end of story. And most of these belts are super expensive. Sure, a clutch will wear out on a standard trans, but in the case of the ute quads, they can usually last longer then the engine. Most of the time I've seen those clutches go bad from sitting for ages and getting gummed up. No way I'd trust a belt, no matter how well sealed it is claimed to be. I saw a brand new renegade 800 go into a mud hole and ruin the belt. CVT is for old people and very lazy people if you ask me.

well the fact of the matter is that unless your on a sport quad a manual shift is becoming a thing of the past. CVT works and works quite well. and no they dont wear out fast. my buddies polaris sportsman 500 has over 4000 hours on it and still has the original belt and thats with big ass **** digger mud tires. i understand that you dont like them but if broughsy is looking at a newer 4x4 then a cvt is the only choice.

i LOVE a brute force but as said... once the engine is wore out they're a bitch.
polaris is the best most dependable 4x4 IMO as long as it's a sportsman!
can-am comes second to them due to the insane power they have.
next i'd say a suzuki kingquad
then a grizzly
then a brute force
then a stupid horse
then a a rock thats flat on one side
then a honda!

i really with KTM would release some atv's... i loved the 450 they made fore like 2 years lol

well the fact of the matter is that unless your on a sport quad a manual shift is becoming a thing of the past. CVT works and works quite well. and no they dont wear out fast. my buddies polaris sportsman 500 has over 4000 hours on it and still has the original belt and thats with big ass **** digger mud tires. i understand that you dont like them but if broughsy is looking at a newer 4x4 then a cvt is the only choice.

i LOVE a brute force but as said... once the engine is wore out they're a bitch.
polaris is the best most dependable 4x4 IMO as long as it's a sportsman!
can-am comes second to them due to the insane power they have.
next i'd say a suzuki kingquad
then a grizzly
then a brute force
then a stupid horse
then a a rock thats flat on one side
then a honda!

i really with KTM would release some atv's... i loved the 450 they made fore like 2 years lol

I ride horses, too. They've never let me down. Just as enjoyable as a quad. I hate that belts are the **** now. I'll stay old school...

They do if you turn it into a sub! Ive built 3, not fun! But, bump comp to 11.5:1 and ot turns it into something INSANE. Just saying, but they need a good snorkeling to make it breath. Otherwise they are great bikes but to bulky for my liking.

If your out for insane power can am is your best bet otherwise build a brute

Im with pat, the valve covers are plastic, quality but still plastic.:tdown:

The timing tensioners are the stupidest POS I have EVER worked on.. and the can am are really bad about developing oil leaks and I change 5-6 rear seals a year and the can ams are rare around here, and i hear the factory wheels are weak.

Well I work on my own **** and enjoy or. And I can fab aluminum. So break a valve cover I could build aluminum ones :p.

I think you'll be happy with a brute

If your out for insane power can am is your best bet otherwise build a brute

Im with pat, the valve covers are plastic, quality but still plastic.:tdown:

The timing tensioners are the stupidest POS I have EVER worked on.. and the can am are really bad about developing oil leaks and I change 5-6 rear seals a year and the can ams are rare around here, and i hear the factory wheels are weak.

Wouldnt a brute 650 have more power then a renegade 500?

Can Am 800______61.7 hp
Can Am 650______55.4 hp
Brute 750 Carb____50.1 hp
Polaris 800_______50.1 hp
Brute 750 EFI_____49.8 hp
King 700_________48.5 hp
Grizzly 700_______45.6 hp
Polaris 700_______44.3 hp
AC 700__________41.4 hp
Grizzly 660_______40.9 hp
Can Am 500______40.4 hp
AC 650 H1_______39.3 hp
Rincon 680_______38.5 hp
King 450_________36.7 hp
Polaris 500 HO____36.0 hp
Polaris 500 (non HO)___32.0 hp.

The can ams are running higher comp from factory, thats were they are getting the extra ponies along with a better intake tube.

oh and i must add that that can-am is the older one. the newer 800's are 71hp and the 1000's are 82hp

Back