Shock choices

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it all depends on what you like and what kind of riding you do. I have a shock bracket on mine that allows me to run different length shocks and I have a set of 400EX shocks on it now but I plan on looking into a set of 450 shocks with rezies. Even the 400ex shocks were an upgrade having more travel, I am sure the 450 shocks will be even better.

450R YFZ's will be a huge improvement, one of the best stock shocks out their outside of big buck shocks. Do what ever you have to do to make them work. I moved my lower mounting points 3/4" to get them right.

I'd go floats, I was having the same issues it sucks to send em off for a week for a re spring and wait a month to get em back, get the Fox shocks, 10x easier, if I had the cash I would have em!

If you go through the major pain in the ass of getting them valves right under warranty, yes, are they going to be better bang for your buck? No. The Fox floats are better, will ride smoother and you can change the valve ing with the supplied air pump, I would go Fox or get something that you can adjust without shipping them to a shop in south California. But thats me

I agree^^. I love my at steelers, but, with extended arms and the like, the fox shocks are the best route to take.

Yeah, if I made extended arms for mine I'd run the fox shocks, or mock em up for those lt-r bad boys.

Man, you guys sink alot of money in these bikes. I have one and think if I was to sink that kind of denaro in one I would upgrade to a KFX 450R or YFZ first. I also have a Raptor 350 with YFZ'R fronts, and Banshee rear and it rides well, I only have $350.00 sunk into the shocks on it, and they were huge improvement.

If you only knew how much i have in my shocks you'd hate me... lets just say i have the Fox FLoat R's and a Banshee rear with just a tad more than what you got in your shocks, only 50 bucks actually haha :tup:

so what i'm doing is... i am going to see if i can sell the warrior and put the cash up for a yfz450. if i dont get what im asking for it then i will keep it and go with the fox shocks. so to be continued. but for now...parts will still be bought to make it more kick ass ;)

do i need to clean/take the fox shocks apart and clean them after everytime i ride and stuff like that?

so what i'm doing is... i am going to see if i can sell the warrior and put the cash up for a yfz450. if i dont get what im asking for it then i will keep it and go with the fox shocks. so to be continued. but for now...parts will still be bought to make it more kick ass ;)

Atleast finally post up pics of your warrior before you sell... Have you ever posted pics yet?

If you only knew how much i have in my shocks you'd hate me... lets just say i have the Fox FLoat R's and a Banshee rear with just a tad more than what you got in your shocks, only 50 bucks actually haha :tup:
You did not buy Fox Floats and a good banshee rear for $400.00, who are you trying to BS!

You did not buy Fox Floats and a good banshee rear for $400.00, who are you trying to BS!

Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye... No BS from me. Floats were brand new and the banshee shock was off a mint 02. Although id like to revalve it do to the longer swinger making it a tad soft.

Latest posts

Back