Said goodbye to #5 today and picked up a low hour 99 Wolverine 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yesterday on my ride the Wolf was gutless from mid throttle up just a total Dog!
So I just switched out the 140 main with the 145 that Frits sent me and Wow! What a difference way more power in mid and upper throttle night and day difference.
Why would they have had the carb jetted so lean?

Got the front shaft shroud today and installed!
hadyhe8e.jpg

look good. Too bad the headers right there that heat tapes got to go lol. :tup:

Awesome man!
Much appreciated
It's funny cause it wasn't acting lean in mid to wot no snapping or popping just the doggyness
But now she actually throws ya back when I cracked the throttle from 1/2 up

Never really cared for the fmf's
Thanks though
I can get a brand new DG R-series pipe for around $159-$170 I might go that route unless I come across a nice used HMF or Yoshi
Thing is I can use a slip on made for warrior, raptor or wolverine so chances of finding something good are pretty high

Never really cared for the fmf's
Thanks though
I can get a brand new DG R-series pipe for around $159-$170 I might go that route unless I come across a nice used HMF or Yoshi
Thing is I can use a slip on made for warrior, raptor or wolverine so chances of finding something good are pretty high

I will keep my eye out for a pipe for those quads. I had a Honda 300ex with a dg pipe and it was junk. it sounded horrible and was poor quality. I would try to find a nice hmf or something.

Is this the DG pipe you saw? its exactly like the one on the 300ex I used to have. I noticed it doesn't have a spark arrestor which makes it not liegal in Wisconsin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DG-Performa...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19eaedfe2c&vxp=mtr

No, that is not the R series. That is the RCM. RCM stand for Reverse Cone Megaphone. They aren't the best, and have given DG a certain stigma among riders. The O and R series are both aluminum bodies and come with spark arrestors. I have an O series on mine, and it's a nice unit.

No, that is not the R series. That is the RCM. RCM stand for Reverse Cone Megaphone. They aren't the best, and have given DG a certain stigma among riders. The O and R series are both aluminum bodies and come with spark arrestors. I have an O series on mine, and it's a nice unit.

I just looked that up it looks nice. Nothing like that one I had on the 300ex
Not a bad price ether http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Wolv...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2591f5c1cd&vxp=mtr

I'm having an issue with getting this carb adjusted right
I have a 45 pilot a 145 main and needle on 3rd notch down from top and it starts great idles great but has a like a nothingness while driving from 1/4 throttle to half and then it opens up and and goes like it should
I've tried moving the needle clip both ways with only worse results so not sure if the 45 pilot is to much or the 145 main
Everything is stock including airbox and filter.
If I run it hard it it's not as bad but if I'm taking it easy it has a longer duration of that nothingness from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.
Plug is black so I'm thinking either put the 42.5 pilot back in or try a 142.5 main
Not sure which one to drop down a size.
Pat I need your help lol

Think I need a 142.5 main or a k&n filter and adapter for the box to lean it out some

I'd drop the main down a size and retest. Do you have a spare air box lid you can cut a hole it to lean it out? At what throttle position is the plug black?

I've tried it with my lid with the middle section cut out but only helps a little I put the 140 back in with a 45 pilot now gonna try that
And I'm 1.5 turns out on A/F screw

Blue smoke is oil. Semi-auto trans quads can be a little hard to plug chop because there is no clutch to pull it when you shut if down. I for one do not like to leave it in gear and shut it off. I usually peg the throttle for 3-5 seconds in neutral and see if there is black smoke, or bogging. That's how I usually tune the main for a utility quad. Also, I don't think that carb has an accel pump. If not, then you are just not used to a carb that can be a little gutless, compared to what you are used to. Oh, did you make sure that the slide's diaphragm is okay? If it's dry rotted, torn, or not seated in it's groove completely, it won't pull the slide up well. Especially at low rpms.

It's not ripped or dry rotted but it's a tad smaller so it's a bitch to get in groove and get the cover on without it popping out of the groove

Back