Said goodbye to #5 today and picked up a low hour 99 Wolverine 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should shift smoother now. Honda specifies 1/4 turn from resistance. I think I set mine at that, but, it feels fine. You are adjusting the secondary clutch. It is the same set up as the Warrior, and, uses the same friction plates + steel discs. The primary clutch is a drum and on the inside of it are weights with friction pads on it. As soon as engine speed increases over idle the weights are thrown outward against the hub. When the do that, they turn the hub, which basically gets the transmission going. Springs pull the weights back when you let off the throttle.

It only helped a tad guess I'll have to wear boots cause It's killing the top of my foot lol

From what I just read somepeople have the same issue with there wolverine. Could it be the clutch plates or springs?

The primary clutch is a drum and on the inside of it are weights with friction pads on it. As soon as engine speed increases over idle the weights are thrown outward against the hub. When the do that, they turn the hub, which basically gets the transmission going. Springs pull the weights back when you let off the throttle.

Centrifugal Clutch.

It shifts fine there's just a bit of tension in the shifter

All semi-autos have that. When you shift, you are not just changing gears, you're also disengaging the multiplate (secondary) clutch. Basically, your foot is doing what your hand would on a Warrior, to operate the clutch. Adding stiffer clutch springs makes the shift lever that much "firmer".

Centrifugal Clutch.

Yup, that's is actual name. Manuals call it primary clutch.

That's what I thought been a while since I rode a semi auto
one more ? Is the oil filter in where the oil lines connect on the right front lower side of case?

FST makes 446 kits for the wolverine. That would be awesome but I don't think there is anyway to regear it besides larger tires.

That's what I thought been a while since I rode a semi auto
one more ? Is the oil filter in where the oil lines connect on the right front lower side of case?

I remember my bayou 220 being a bit tough to shift if I didn't rev it up really good through the gears.

I'm liking it!
usy8e6yj.jpg

Doesn't ride bad at all at least not like most 4x4's ride
It's a lot more sporty feeling than 4x4 utility
I love it! Gonna be fun

Yes, the oil filter is behind the oil lines. It's the same basic set up as the big bear, where the cooler lines are attached to the oil filter cover. You can re-gear these quads, but it requires complete engine disassembly, and using a combo of trans gears from a Big Bear or Kodiac. I've read that lots of guys will swap in a big bear engine for the lower geared transmission. Don't know how accurate that is though. And, yes they are much sportier then a full on utility 4x4.

Eventually yes I will be getting a slip on HMF kinda hope I can find a steal on a good used one maybe even a Yoshi

Latest posts

Back