Relay Buzzing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds kinda like a bad starter too, or a connection is screwy. Cause you can roll start and bump start jumping the solenoid, might check your start button and the wires with the start button and starting system.

I have already pulled apart the start button assembly and I honestly have no idea what I should be looking for. The reason I pulled it apart is because the start button itself is stuffed inside the plastic assembly and in order to push it, I need to shove my finger into the plastic assembly. So I took it apart and replaced the spring behind the buton and now it won't even click when I push it. I don't know if I screwed up the button or if I made my original problem worse. Or both...

Hey sr5bidder. Can you tell me exactly what connections you soldered and what you did in more detail because that sounds like the problem to me is that the connections isn't that great.

if your looking at the starter relay (the round one) to the right there are 2 little square ones, the one furtherst right is where I found a red wire and a yellow w/black stripe where in really bad shape and actually fell out when inspecting.

so I made a little tool from a paper clip hammered flat so I can insert into the face of the connecter housing just under the spade (it takes a bit of messing around)then used a small flathead to push the spade connector out.....

I did this one at a time and clean the spade and used flux and pre solderd the wire and the spade then jioned them

when I was done soldering and checking /cleaning i cleaned the terminals on the relay its self.

I also cleaned the wires and terminals on the big round relay and the ground wires.

note: alot of dirt came from inside the pastic connectors.

Back