Rear carrier bearings are shot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain makes corn!!! Corn makes whiskey!! Whiskey fixes my bike!!:iagree: Meow I am done! Great night! Too bad I am missing the party at hatfield :argh: Maybe I can hook up with pat later on into summer...Really wanna ride hatfield and was thinking maybe deadlast or another buckeye could setup a ride at wayne national...free camping at trailheads and campgrounds surrounding offer 3 buck showers....

Rain makes corn!!! Corn makes whiskey!! Whiskey fixes my bike!!:iagree: Meow I am done! Great night! Too bad I am missing the party at hatfield :argh: Maybe I can hook up with pat later on into summer...Really wanna ride hatfield and was thinking maybe deadlast or another buckeye could setup a ride at wayne national...free camping at trailheads and campgrounds surrounding offer 3 buck showers....

The Ohio mafia riders are headed down June 20

What is the best thing to tap a starter thread for zerks? I know they have funny threads, jw

I'm goin to Wayne with my brothers, dad, cousin, and 5 friends on the weekend of the 26th this month. Staying at bexleys camp ground in new straitsville. If anyone is goin then let me know we'll meet up!! But if I can't find someone with a press by this coming Friday, I'm stuck and ill end up paying the hundred bucks :/

I'm interested to see how this is rigged up bc I usually have some crazy ideas to rig **** up but this is a whole nother level lol

I totaly forgot about this... Pic coming right now.

Pic:

image_zps1255faac.jpg

Last edited:
The problem isn't going in, it's getting out and getting the sleeve off the axle lol

I wondered how you were gonna use it side ways 456123...I punched a bearing and the sleeve off with a chisle and hammer after I pressed the axle out, the sleeve slid right off man! Getting the axle out was the trick...easy cheesy from there! Alex, your trick is not recommended for this application as serious bodily injury may result!!! things are known to break and or bust under hydraulic pressure!! User beware and use extreme caution!!!!!!

Last edited:
How did you press the axle out? I'm about to just take the whole axle/carrier off to figure this out. I have to put a new brake rotor on anyway. Hopefully the sprockets and **** aren't frozen on the splines.

all my stuff was freed up except my axle was froze in the carrier bc it was froxen to the bearing on the rotor side. Yes, take carrier and axle off of the bike and take it to your local favorite mechanic. He should press it right out for ya!

Yea and the 26th is my girls weekend to work, so that wont work bc the baby isn't big enough to ride yet lol! Luckily all my splines are well greased as I am sure to do it after a day of mud or water riding bc its just good preventive maint. I bet after this you will take care of everything back there better to save yourself the hassle of fighting with it next time! I know I will! Be sure to put hub nut down flush on the sprocket side of the axle b4 pressing on it soas to not eff the threads up...Even if rotor hub is froze, can still replace the rotor with hub on the axle

I packed the new bearings with marine grease and filled the carrier up with wolfs head and zerked the carrier... did ya get the axle out???

Latest posts

Back