Rear carrier bearings are shot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I researched roller bearings and races for my bike. I cross referenced the ball bearings to roller and bought some on eBay, got some cheap one to see if the would work. Haven't had time to mess with them though. Still on the work bench with my other stuff.
I paid $14

Are the rears good quality roller bearings and seals? Anyone ever run roller bearings instead of ball bearings? I'm gonna rent a bearing puller and attempt it myself first. I did my fronts this way a while back and it turned out good.

Ok sounds good man. I'm curious on how well it will work. Roller bearings are more durable, but idk how they handle fine particles getting stuck between them like dirt, sand etc

You don't need a bearing puller if you've got the axle out. Just drive the bearing out from the other side.

what is the best way to break the axle loose? its been soaking in kroil for days and all I have so far is abt a 1/4 inch and now it seems froze there...

If someone has the chance can they post a link if possible to zerk fitting install?

The rubber mallet and wood didnt work for me at all. I had to take a piece of pipe and slide it over the splines. Then beat the hell out of it for a few hours. In the end the right side bearing was frozen to the axle that's why it wouldn't budge.

so, just press on the axle with a press until it comes loose?

done and done, why did I even beat my brains out(thanks beast ol bud IOU) a little trade in stock and a touch of kentuck pipeliner shine goes a long way in todays economy:nanner:... got a lil bit of business with the half price battery gig:slayer:...jordy if u havent,find a friend with a press:tup: but not worth no 100 bucks IMO we got it done in less than a busch light...offer him a thirty pack of choice...thats money well spent, TGIF! Cam chain and flywheel piller in route and the trail rig will be mud slinging and potm winning:evilface:!!! May as well try and run action shots, no QOTM or elite here...just after mechanically sound then looking for 01 raptor 660 rear at least for my fatass and ergos...

Latest posts

Back