Raptor 350 clutch release parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's just your positioning of the push lever,it looks like it should be moved on the shaft so that with the slack taken out before attatching the cable it is pointing straight back. Compare it in your pictures and mine,everything else looks good.

I dont get why everyone thinks the clutch is so hard to pull on these things.
Mine I barely have to squeeze it, pretty much ust flick a finger or two.
It shifts so quick and easy n fast, I barely drop my revs on a shift below 4th gear at all. It shifts faster than I can get off n on the throttle...

however, for those wanting an easier pulling clutch, anyone just try the MOOSE Easy-pull clutch system?

Its like just shy of 40$ CAD new. can prolly get it for like 30$ in the states..lol

came across it here, (In the MX section of the catalog, but meh.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/ma...iew=book&id=11&Itemid=195&firstPageNumber=139

seems like its a pretty good cure.

anyways, I was looking for info on deleting my parking brake, and REALY wanted to get rid of that gobby lever assembly. Came across this trying to figure out if I could use more or less any clutch lever and recalled that thing.
Good to know I can ditch the lever with nil issues.

EDIT:
Here we go.. a much better link, to moose itself. I couldnt find it at first.. lol
http://mooseracing.com/catalogSearch.jsp?criteria=easy+pull+clutch

Last edited:
So I got parts for this mod yesterday and started messing with it today. Got the old clutch parts off but I want to make sure everything is straight with the new one.

Here are the parts I got minus the clutch cable which I do have:

This is the "clutch holder" but I am not exactly sure where the hell this fits. On the case there was a piece held in by 2 8mm bolts that had a gripper on the cable. Is this supposed to replace that because it sure isn't going to fit.

You can see where that piece was in the case photo:

Here is the side of the cable where the pivot or what say you will be by the case. Do I attach that gripper inbetween the two nuts towards the right side of the photo?

Thanks guys, just wanna be clear before I tear something up.

yes the gripper goes between the two bolts in the last photo and the gripper now mounts in the middle of the case. You run the new cable round the other side of the engine to the gripper, then set ur pull lever from that new location.

Nevermind, sorry. Was tired last night but I got you now.

Last edited:
Just figured I'd say I got it in. Easy as pie to install and man does it make a hell of a difference! I recommend it to everyone with a Warrior.

Just ordered all my parts for this from cycle parts warehouse for 41 bucks shipped wayy better than bike bandit or Yamaha sports plaza. Can't wait to get this on there, my cable was all seized and no amount of wd40 would break it loose.

just ordered all my parts today ! cant wait to install this and see the difference! thanks

Holy hell I just got done doin this mod and its crazy on how much easier it is to pull the clutch. My buddy got on and actually killed it and said wow. This is definetly a must do for everyone!

Did you find doing it easy? just found this thread thinking about doing it since I haven't rode my quad in about a year and starting again has been killing my clutch hand.

Its not hard just a matter of takeing off the old cable and holder and putting on the new parts, most important part is getting the clutch adjusted.

Ordered mine today got all the parts for 41.33 shipped from http://motorsportmonster.com/ Local dealer tried to price match it and got close but then I'd have to drive across town to pick them up, but they told me 4 days and all the parts would be there. online said I'd get a tracking # in 4 to 5 days. But it comes to my door then and I'm not in a hurrry

install was a piece of cake soooo easy.

i got mine from the same place as elwood, the only thing that sucked was i got everything in the mail except for the cable holder, so i called them up and they said i wasnt supposed to recieve anything becuase they had to order the holder from yamaha. so it took like an extra 5 days to get the holder. but all in all im very happy with it.

I had trouble getting the cable holder too. I ordered it from 3 different places only to find out each one was back ordered and it was gonna take 5-7 days to get one in and then they have to ship it to me. I finally found one but I couldn't believe that 1 little part nobody had in stock.

This mod looks great, I'm gonna do this and the clutch, with an extra steel plate, all together. Can't wait!

This forum is doing great things for my Warrior, thanks to everyone for all the contributions!

I never got around to doing this to my '99 yet,I was going to fabricate something for the holder,I'm cheap!

WOW, I just put it on and WOW, it pulls so easy!! I didn't think it would make such a big difference because my old cable is still good but ai was wrong. WOW!! I can pull the lever with my pinky now. I really should have done this years ago

Latest posts

Back