Project Bear Tracker Restoration

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks a ton CJ sure beats paying over $40 for a Clymer for it even though it will take longer to scroll through to find **** lol

I was thinking of the steering wheel puller as well. I've not worked on a quad that didn't have some type of thread on puller. Honda likes to use a bolt that threads into the flywheel, and butts up against the crank end.

attempted to get the stator side cover off so I could install the new Cam chain
ran into a snag with the last 3 bottom Philips head bolts though What was Yamaha thinking using Philips head bolts on this damn motor??? DUMBASSES!!!!

Oh yeah, yammy so stupid with pfillips head bolts on their small bikes. If they are ronded oiut that bad Eddy you can just use a drill to remove the bolt heads, get the cover off, then use a pair of vise grips to turn whats left of the bolts out to fht engine. Or, they may just come out with your fingers. Again, drhnk

Well until I can get a impact driver to get the Philips head bolts out to get the stator cover off to replace the cam chain I prepped and painted the foot pegs,heal guards and shifter

added some side marker reflectors I believe this is how they came from the factory cause there is rectangular plates on the sides of the rear rack and sides of front bumper but the reflectors were gone so I got some

anymore updates on the Bear Tracker? It amazes me that people just give **** away for cheap w/o trying to fix up themselves. I suppose that's what seperates us from them lol. Great job thus far Ed!

I got the stator cover off just waiting to get my steering wheel puller kit back so I can pull the flywheel to change out the over stretched cam chain with a new DID chain

Sweet bike, just saw this thread. Nice buildup and restore so far! I'm guessing it's not 4wd with the 250? Needs some big tires in the back for some traction!

I would also suggest to all to use imgur.com to host pics, no account needed. It's a lot more reliable than photobucket and it's still free. And youtube for vids.

I would also suggest to all to use imgur.com to host pics, no account needed. It's a lot more reliable than photobucket and it's still free. And youtube for vids.

Lol photo bucket works fine I've never had a problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back