please help got spark no start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinandtina

Reaction score
hey guys this is my first post so hello all. i bought a 01 warrior last summer and was told that it was on a fresh rebuild. and after test driving i was a little sceptical. not only was there oil leaking from valve cover i also had some pretty harsh sounding valve ticks. so since i paid little to nothing for it i decided to take er for a test run and before i could even run a tank of gas through it it died. now it cranks over and has spark but no start.!!! so my question is do i just go ahead and buy the 366 kit and rebuild or should i start somewhere else. any help or comments would be helpful. this is my first fourstroker i grew up a two stroke guy

Attachments

• 1017019_419934761458879_1766873129_n.jpg
    1017019_419934761458879_1766873129_n.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 11
it could be as simple as a fuel issue, clean the carb and all really good and be sure to check the float to make sure it isnt stuck

you can have spark but if it isn't strong enough spark it won't start with starter anyways
try pop starting it

could be i just thought it seemed odd since i was going to try and adjust the valves since they sounded way out of adjustment. which im not 100% on doing the adjustment but i did just download the warrior manual. but as soon as it warms up here enough for me to go out to the garage i will take alook at the carb

tried pop starting it too... broke down on top of hill so i rolled it down the hill and tried but no luck. i want to do the big bore kit anyway so maybe il just pull the motor and go through everything. im sure it could use a good goin over anyway

i just have no ambition to work in my garage in southern wi/northern il in the winter with no heat lol

get a propane jet heater works awesome in my 25x30 garage nice and toasty warm

i actually have a propane tank with the little heat element thingie doesnt quite keep me toasty lol i do wanna get one of those jet heaters though i just seen them in menards catalog

you think the 366 kit would be a little extreme for woods riding and trail ridiing. i want the extra power but dont really feel like runing race gas daily

race fuel is hard to come by when trail riding
I personally would see what size piston is in it now and if under .040 I would go .040 over or .050 over and then get a good Web cam a good cam along with a good port & pollish will give you the power your looking for
the thing with the 366 kit is it tends to run hot so you would need to run a oil cooler

oh okay ik race gas is hard to get i use to get it up in madison at the track when i drag raced my scrambler but it wouldnt be practical for what i want now. thanks bud and i will start the tear down and see where im at and il keep ya updated

Ok couple things, you need to get that stator ohmed, check all grounds and connections. Like Ed (yamahauler) siad you can have spark and it not be hot enough to light the air fuel mixture.

On the rebiuld side if you do go big bore, just get the 366 JE in 10.5:1 since you can still run pump gas then!! If Im remembering right Im at about 11:1 mathematically for compression after my build and Im running premium! Oh and your only a hop, skip and jump away from me!!

I'm installing the 366 10.5:1 kit and I won't need race fuel. Just a good oil cooler setup to keep her cool.

Ic I just want the old dog to have enough power to at least keep up or have a chance of keeping up with my buds

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk

Oh ya you should stop by n give me a hand then lol

I grew up in gratiot by the way lol

Been thru Gratiot quite a few times, never really a reason to stop!!! LOL Might have blinked and missed it a few times too!! LOL Used to go to the Haunted Barn every halloween there in Lena too!! You dont get it figured out soon I just may have to!!!

I'm installing the 366 10.5:1 kit and I won't need race fuel. Just a good oil cooler setup to keep her cool.

Your right on track!! Of coarse like I always say, even a stock setup can benefit from an oil cooler setup. I really need to get a braided line, AN fitting setup back on mine instead of the basic! Basic just clashes with the whole look I have going on!!! LOL

Well he has a predator 500 and a outlaw 525 other friend has built yfz 466 ?? Dont quote me on cc tho lol

Well im free fri and sat and sun nights. So that being said I could always use a second opinion

Back